Chapter 7

After her talk with her father, she went back home drained and exhausted of the past 2 days. Her life had taken a 180 from the second she heard Jax's voice at a simple routine stop. All she wanted to do right now was have a beer and veg on her coach. Put up her feet and do nothing but watch tv.

She made it home and looked around after unlocking her door. The apartment was spotless, it looked exactly like it did before she left home yesterday morning. She locked it back and looked around some more, she felt like she waiting for the other shoe to drop, since she didn't know if the Guns and Gang tail had caught Jax and Opie coming into her place or not.

Grabbing a beer from the fridge and her laptop from the table, she sat down. Taking a drink and putting the tv on a random channel. She pulled up a travel site to find a good deal to Sacramento for Friday night. Her last shift before her leave ended at 3pm on Friday. She preferred to arrive at night, much easier to travel into Charming as SAMCRO member at night. Less eyes that way watching what they were doing, what they were bringing in and out of town.

She found a 7pm flight. That should give her 2 hours after work and before check-in to come back home, grab her bags and get ready to go. She calculated the arrival in her head, 7pm flight time, 7 hour flight, she'd get into Sacramento by 11pm California time. She wouldn't get to Charming until the early morning hours. In the dark.

Perfect.

She booked a return flight, returning back the day before she had to report back to the station. No matter how this trip went, she had to return. Whether permanently or temporarily. She put the lap down down as she heard a knock on the door.

Andy looked around out of instinct, she was too far from her service weapon locked box. She slowly walked to the door peep hole and looked out seeing Dov, Tracy and Nick holding a pizza.

She sighed with relief and opened the door.

"Hey, what are you all doing here?" Andy asked opening the door and letting him in.

"Thought we'd come and bring some food. You've been so MIA lately. Since the whole thing with Marlo."

"Oh it's just been a lot on my plate." Andy said going to the kitchen to grab some plates. While everyone went into the living room. She was so grateful they didn't show up like this yesterday.

"What's this? Sacramento on on Friday?" Nick yelled out from the living room.

Shit! Andy sighed, she left the laptop open.

"I'm going to visit my uncle in the city. I had all my leave from Dakota." She told him coming back to the living room with the plates. So I asked for some vacation and going do a family thing." She said nonchalantly. Like it was no big deal.

"Why didn't you say anything, we could have all booked in and taken a group trip." Dov said which almost made Andy laugh out loud.

"No, thanks Dov this is a family trip. Just want to spent some time with my cousins and uncle." She smiled as they all continued with their beer and pizza. Nick pulled her aside and whispered, "I can come with you, you know."
Andy couldn't help but roll her eyes, this was going to get annoying. "I'm a big girl, I can and want to go visit my family by myself." She said emphasizing the 'my' before grabbing her pizza and going to sit next to Tracy.

"What's going on Andy?" Tracy asked her in concern before continuing. "I've barely seen or spoken to you in the past 2 days."

"Just been busy with my dad and wanting to see my family that's all. Haven't seen my uncle in awhile he helped raise me. I don't need to spend all my time at work or with you guys. I have a life and family outside of division, you know."

"I know Andy, I know. I get it." Tracy said understanding, but thinking she was too defensive.

"Yeah someone needs to explain it to Nick and Dov." Andy said as she rolled her eyes.

Tracy laughed and they all continued to watch the baseball game and eat their pizza. A quiet hang out night as friends and Andy enjoyed herself after everyone stopped trying to come with her on her trip. She wanted to enjoy this time with her friends because she was so uncertain of when the next night like this will be.