chapter ten

transpicuous 

adjective | tran -spik - yuh - wus | meaning - clearly seen through or understood

an: the italics you will see later on in the chapter are going to be little visions / flashbacks that beckett is having due to the alpha venom sorry not sorry 

chapter ten

Magnus, for a moment, contemplated not opening his door for once as someone on the other side banged on it persistently. He was off from his usual hours and he really just wanted to sit back with a cat and martini, but something in the back of his head told him he had to answer the door. So, trusting his gut since it had helped him survive this long, he went to open his door. 

Four bodies came tumbling through the door as soon as Magnus Bane opened it. It took the warlock a second to comprehend exactly what was going on, mostly because he was shocked that they hadn't even allowed him to greet them before barging in. But his momentary sourness scattered quite quickly when he was able to wrap his head around the mess that had just stumbled into his apartment. 

Luke and Simon stumbled through the apartment as they carried the unmoving, bleeding mass that was Beckett Jackson. Behind them was a frantic Clary, fussing over Beckett who looked to be in very, very bad condition. Every alarm possible went off in Magnus's head as he looked at the clearly injured werewolf. 

"What the hell happened to him?" Magnus snapped as he led them to a couch. At some point in time, he would allow himself to drink red wine on the vintage furniture because even if he could magically clean up a spill, it felt wrong to even risk. But right now, he couldn't have cared less about the heap of wood and cushion because Beckett Jackson wasn't even able to open his eyes and that very nearly made Magnus's heart stop. 

"He got into a fight," Simon answered in a grunt. He was more then happy to put Beckett on the couch seeing as the werewolf's heavy mass of muscle was not something he could carry around with ease. 

"He needs a warlock," Clary fret. "He told us we needed to bring him to you."

Clary's words hit Magnus hard, but the warlock tried not to show it. He looked down at the now sweating werewolf and tried not to think about the guy who had once taken beating after beating from wherever he could because he thought he deserved had grown to the point where he asked for Magnus's help. It was the most heart-warming and completely terrifying second before he went back to worrying about Beckett's condition. 

A word suddenly fumbled past Beckett's quavering lips as he turned unconsciously. At first, Magnus thought maybe he'd just imagined it, but then he murmured something again. Beckett's eyes flitted behind his closed eyelids, and he began thrashing on the couch ever so slightly. 

"What did he just say?" Simon questioned. The boy looked around but everyone looked as confused by Beckett's mumbling as he felt. 

Before anyone could take a guess, Beckett spoke up again, his slurring a little less hard to decipher this time around. 

"Jonas." 

Clary frowned in confusion. "Jonas? The Jonas?"