There and Back Again

Harry walked slowly through the school, it had been years since he had last walked on the cold earth and he could feel people eyes on him. Wondering who he was and why he was here. Huffing a deep breath out of his nose, he kept walking and saw three boys standing by lockers, where a dark haired boy had his arm wrapped tight round Nialls shoulders. His head was tipped back and he was laughing at what ever Louis was saying. They looked like three boys, a group of boys that had been friends for a while and not a pair of demons and an innocent. 

Licking his lips and strolling up the the boys, watching as a few girls whispered about how stupid he was being. Chuckling softly he draped an arm over louis, his body freezing under him for only a second; before leaning into him and nipping his thigh. Harry let his eyes trail up the boy that had Niall pulled close to him, he was something to look at. All tan skin and dark penetrating eyes, Harry could only imagine what he would look like if they made a deal with him. But then he realised that the boy wouldn’t understand why Louis and Niall were just accepting him being there and his leaning into Louis. Fixing a sweet smile on his face, feeling the pull and twinge of muscles no longer used to this kind of smile. 

“M’names Harry.” He said, watching as the boys eyes narrowed towards him. He could feel the nervousness flowing from the boys skin and the smell of cigarette smoke filling his nose. Crinkling softly, reminding him that there were smells up here that he would have to become accustomed to again. 

Niall rolled his eyes and chuckled, “He’s Zayn.” then lead him off their hands linked and eyes soft. Harry couldn’t help but smile at how happy Niall had become since he had given his soul away. He wasn’t held down anymore. 

Louis grabbed Harrys hand and pulled him, Harry stumbled over his own feet and went wherever Louis dragged him to like he always would. No one but Louis could make him do this. Harry frowned a little as he saw Louis getting closer and closer to the door he had only walked through a few minutes ago. He didn’t want to stand in the much cooler air, making his blood run slower and his skin itch for the warmth of home. Louis kept dragging him, his hand cooler than Harry had ever felt it and a fine layer of sweat was forming between their clutched palms. 

Before he could stop it, Louis had him shoved down onto wet grass and was straddling his hips. Eyes black and teeth sharp, blood trickling from his gums. 

“No. Harry you can’t be here.” Louis growled, blood dripping from his mouth and onto Harrys face. All the while his fingers digging deep into Harrys shoulders and pushing him flat on his back. “You are only meant to make deals.” his words turning into a hiss and his eyes narrowing. 

Harrys whole body went completely loose under him, swallowing deep in his throat and he knew who he was here for. They had made the deal with him when they were only a child, he didn’t even recognise them till he heard their name fall from the lips of the first soul he ever took. He turned his face from Louis, feeling awful for what he had done and he knew from the look in louis eyes, that he wouldn’t be forgiven. 

Opening his mouth, “He made his deal, he knew I would come back one day and tonight I am going to collect." feeling the damp grass brush his lips as he spoke, but kept his eyes locked on the cloud covered building, “He gave his soul for another…I will be kind.” 

He felt Louis hands slam down on his shoulders, spit and blood sprayed across his face and his growling tones force their way through him. “Never once have you been kind since I made you.” His hand forcing Harry to look at him, his nails digging deep into the skin and blood pooling under them. Harry could see the pride in Louis eyes but also the anger that he was going to take Zayn. Harry knew Louis understood he had no choice not to do what he was doing, “That is why we were drawn to him, his soul turning dark.” Shoving his body off of Harrys, he started to move away from him and growled, “Don’t make a mess this time Harry.”