I Have A Normal Cousin?

All thoughts were cleared from my head. I was in the one place where this happens. I could feel the current tug my hair in different directions. I stayed still, watching the little fish swim around. One of them, clearly young, started darting around me. He swam up one of my orange camp half-blood shirt's sleeve, poked his head out of my collar, then ducked back down to swim out my other sleeve. A larger fish swam up to me a said, "Lord I am sorry to disturb you but you are being looked for on land." I thanked the fish, said goodbye to my new little friend, and willed the current to carry me back to the beach.

"Percy!" Annabeth yelled jogging up to me. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her forehead. "Chiron is looking for you. He wants you at the Big House."

"Race ya." I smiled winking. She rolled her eyes but then took off sprinting in the direction of the Big House. "Hey!" I called and sprinted after her.

I caught her right as she reached the porch steps. I wrapped my arms around her waist and swung her around so I was in-between her and the Big House. I climbed onto the first step. "I won," I smirked.

She just rolled her eyes and muttered "You're such a Seaweed Brain." I laughed and grabbed her hand leading her into the house. Chiron was waiting for us at the head of the Ping-Pong table.

"Hey Chiron what you got for us this time?" That's when I noticed the Iris message of my mom. I got concerned. Mom usually doesn't call at camp unless it's very important. "Hi mom. What's going on?"

"Percy," my mom started, "I have something to tell you. It's about my side of the family."

I have never really thought about my mom's side of the family. She was a single child and her parents had died in a plane crash so I never knew them. She never really talked about any of them.

"I have two sisters." My mom said.

"What? I thought you were an only child! Why have you never told me! Does this mean I have normal cousins? Normal aunts and uncles? Where do they live? I can't believe you've never told me this!"

"Let's start from the beginning. My parents were as normal as you could get. We did normal family things. We lived in England. I was the youngest of three. Petunia was the oldest. Lily the second. Lily is the one that was different. She was a witch. She was the only one of the three of us. She was what the witches and wizards called a muggle-born. Petunia was jealous of her and wanted to go to the wizarding school Lily got accepted to but the headmaster said no. Ever since then, Petunia has hated Lily and every thing Wizard related. At this school called Hogwarts, Lily met James Potter. They hated each other but for some reason got married. He was a pretty funny guy. Petunia met a guy called Vernon Dursley. I hated that guy. I moved to America for college. I never got to finish because I met Poseidon and had you. At that time, I was still in contact with Lily. I stopped talking to Petunia after her wedding with Vernon. They have a kid named Dudley. He is as normal as you get and he is your cousin. That's the last I heard of them. All I know about them is that they are living a semi-normal life.

Lily's story isn't as good. She and James had a kid named Harry. But then news that an evil man was out to kill Harry because of some prophecy. Lily told me to stop contacting her because she didn't want the evil man to find me. So that's what I did. Then I got a letter from Petunia saying that Lily and James are dead and that Harry was now staying with them. She didn't want to keep Harry as he was a wizard. She didn't want him around Dudley but I was busy with you so Petunia kept him. When Lily and James died, Voldemort, the evil guy, had been defeated. His own spell had backfired and killed him. But he wasn't actually dead. He came back to life and last year fought Harry. There was a giant war. Harry and his friends won. So I guess that's one normal cousin and one wizard cousin."

"I hate when that happens." My mom gave me a weird look. "When someone you killed or thought was dead comes to kill you again." Annabeth gave me a shut-up look. "Sorry. Continue."

"That's it really. Witches and wizards are real and you have a cousin who is one. The point of this is that I want to go see Harry. I want you to come with me. Of course Annabeth too. He thinks he doesn't have any family left. He doesn't count the Dursleys. His god-father, Sirius Black, also died. Will you come with me to visit him?"

Before I answer Chiron said, "I think you should go, it will be good for you."

I thought for a moment, why not? I nodded, "Yes, I will go, but it's such a long flight." I grimiced.

"No," my mom said smiling. "Poseidon has arranged a ride for us."

"When do we go?" I ask.

"I'll meet you at Camp tomorrow morning." We said our goodbyes and Annabeth and I headed to pack with her rambling on about the architecture in England and different things she wanted to see.

*********

A/N

Ok so quickly I want to say that these are Rick Riordan and J.K. Rowling's characters and my plot. I am writing this for fun not for English class so please don't be an English teacher and fix all my spelling and grammar mistakes. Also, facts might not be 100% correct because I am twisting it a little so they fit my story :)