Chapter 12

We were in the car now. Since management refused to let me drive my own car, Ashton was taking me to the interview.  I didn’t mind it though. Being roommates now, we have gotten a lot closer over these past few days. Management had required me to stay home from classes for the next 3 weeks, so Louis, Ashton, and I were forced to be together practically 24/7. Surprisingly, they were both really fun to hang out with and despite what you might think, they actually kept the house pretty clean; not like your average 2 boys living in a house.

“So, what’s the big plan?” Ashton asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. I had almost forgotten he was there.

“Um, we don’t know yet.” I replied blankly.

“Well it’s live, right?” Ashton asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded in reply. “So, basically their plan is to announce you and Harry’s fake relationship by winging it, on a live interview that will be broadcasted internationally?” Ashton chuckled.

“Pretty much.” I shrugged, laughing alongside Ashton.

“I have a feeling that’s not going to work.” Ashton laughed.

“That’s exactly what I said!” I recalled.

~

“Boys, we are on in two minutes!” The crew member yelled, as Ashton and I walked into the studio. Harry looked up from his phone as he heard the door close behind me, immediately hopping up off the couch.

“Lauren!” Harry shouted, running over to me.

“Harry!” I mimicked in the same tone.

“Niall, you know Lauren.” Harry motioned towards me as Niall stood up off the couch.

“Hey Lauren.” Niall waved at me, as the rest of the band walked into the room.

“I’m Liam, by the way.” One of the band members, extended his hand out to me; which I gladly shook.

“I’m Lauren.” I replied.

“So, what’s plan for the big announcement?” Louis asked, nudging Harry’s shoulder.

“They haven’t told us yet.” I laughed, rolling my eyes.

“What do you mean they haven’t told you?” Liam chuckled, taking a seat on the couch.

“They just haven’t told us yet.” Harry shrugged, sitting next to him.

“On stage now, boys!” Mr. Bridges called, walking into the room.

“Well, I better go.” Ashton nervously laughed, obviously still scared of Mr. Bridges. Ashton hastily slid past Mr. Bridges and opened up the door, before turning around to remind me, “Louis is taking you home.” Ashton waved, and quickly exited. All of the boys left, going on stage for their interview, leaving me and Mr. Bridges alone in the room.

“Please, sit.” Mr. Bridges offered, pointing towards the couch. I made my way over to the couch and sat down. “The interviewer will invite you on-stage in about 10 minutes.” He said, finally giving me some clue as to what was going on. I nodded in reply. “Harry has been given a script. You will be given one too.” Mr. Bridges said before walking out of the room in silence, leaving me alone. I couldn’t decide which was worse, being stuck in a room alone or in a room with Mr. Bridges.

~

I patiently watched the interview from the TV backstage. I was about to go on and was surprisingly not at all nervous. I was expecting myself to be freaking out.

 “So, Harry…” The interviewer began, hinting to what he was about to talk about. She was a tall blonde lady, she was wearing sleek black glasses that made her look very sophisticated, but her very valley girl way of speaking suggested otherwise. “This girl, you have been rumored to be dating…” The interviewer smirked.  “What was it, Lauren?” The lady asked. Harry nodded his head. “I have seen pictures of her, she is really pretty. Don’t you think?” The interviewer smiled, turning his head at the audience who then erupted in loud cheers. “How about we bring her out?” The interviewer shouted towards the audience. And before, I could even say a word, one of the boy’s body guards had pushed me onto the view of the camera. I stumbled forward, trying to regain my balance, before turning around and giving the body guard a death glare. Then remembering I was being broadcasted live, I immediately put on a smile, walking over to the couch and sitting next to Harry, who oddly put his arm around me. I gave him a weird stare and he pointed to the script that was sitting on the table in front of us. Apparently, the script gave stage directions as well. This should be interesting. Literally two minutes before I was shoved on stage, Mr. Bridges had decided I didn’t need a script. I was told to just go with everything. “So, tell me, the rumors about the two of you…. True or false?” The interviewer questioned, leaning forward in her chair awaiting the answer. Harry and I gave each other a look, and the crowd went completely silent.