Popcorn

"Meira you haven't been yourself, are you okay?" My parents constantly asked me.

I could only nod in response, why is my life so confusing?

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, maybe it's April. Then I felt another buzz.

Sure enough, one was from April and one was from... Thomas?

Hey i'm sorry about earlier, i didn't mean to leave you out.

I smiled at the text, It's fine April, no need to worry :)

Then I checked Thomas's message. Wanna see a movie tonight?

I blushed, I shouldn't be blushing, he's not the one my necklace glows for.

Sure, let's meet at the theatre around 6:30? You can pick the movie, i'm fine with anything

I sighed and flopped on my bed. As much as I would love to spend my Friday night alone, I guess I was going out.

I decided to actually dress up for the occasion, but not too fancy. I put on some jeans with a few rips in them, and I put on a black t-shirt with a Jean jacket over it. I applied some mascara and straightened my hair.

I sighed and saw it was already 6:00. Shoot I need to go.

I got in my car and drove to the theatre, and was surprised to be 15 minutes early, I sighed and decided to wait outside of the theatre with a bunch of other people.

A few minutes later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I whipped my head around, expecting Thomas but a smiley Jason greeted me instead.

"Hey Meira! Why are you here?"

I quickly looked to see my necklace was covered, unfortunately, so was his.

"I'm going out with my friend to see a movie, why else would I be here?" I smiled slightly.

"Who?"

"Thomas. I'm not sure if you know him."

"Are you two dating? Are your necklaces glowing? Can I see yours?"

"No, we're friends. And you can't see my necklace. Who are you with?"

He glared at me slightly. What did I say?

"I'm here with Hayley."

Hayley Roberts, I hated her. Just as if on cue, she came up and slid her arm around his waist.

"Well are we going? By the way, you shouldn't talk to people like her. She's weird."

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her, sighed, and nodded.

"Okay let's go." He said and started to walk away, ever so quickly Hayley whispered in my ear.

"I swear if you lay a finger on him, I'll ruin you."

"Does your necklace glow for him?" I tilted my head to the side and smirked.

"That rule is old, I can get him with or without my necklace, and, neither does yours." She walked and caught up to Jason.

I smirked, Oh but it does.

I saw Thomas and I smiled and walked closer to him.

"Ready Meira?" He smiled and squeezed my hand... A friendly gesture?

I nodded and we walked inside.

"We're seeing this new Marvel movie, if that's okay?" Thomas asked. I nodded and smiled, this won't be too bad. I was about to pay for my ticket when he stopped me.

"No, you're not doing that." He quickly paid and got our tickets.

"I could've payed, now I feel bad." I frowned.

"Tell you what, if you're that upset, you can buy the popcorn and I'll buy the drinks." He raised his eyebrows at the end.

"Deal, thanks for letting me pay for something."

---
The movie was amazing.

"Wasn't it amazing?" Thomas asked.

"Totally! I loved how it ended on a cliffhanger, leaving me with wanting more!" I grinned.

"Do you want me to drive you home?"

"Nah I took my car, but thanks for tonight."

"Anytime, i'm glad we're friends." He smiled and gave me a hug.

Why is my heart beating so fast?

I waved and drove home happily.