Baby boy

Zayn's P.O.V.
"Zayn." Louis was crouched down to my level as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Zayn!" Avy shrieked. I looked up at her and saw her looking inside the OT with wide eyes.

"You should see this. Get up." She yanked me up and I did as she said. The doctors were checking up on Kate as she was breathing again and the continuous beeping sound was no longer heard. I thanked the God that Kate was fine. 

A smile spread across my face. I hugged Louis tightly and cried again. I don't know what's with me and crying today. I can't seem to stop it. He patted my back as he hugged me too.

Jenny came out of the operation theatre with puffy eyes and her tear stained cheeks.

"I so want to hug you right now. But I can't." She glanced up at Liam as she pointed towards her attire. Her scrub was all bloodied.

"The best part is Kate is fine now." She grinned and I internally did a happy dance.

"Congratulations on the baby boy, Zayn." She smiled at me. I couldn't find enough words to thank her.

"Thank you." I wiped away a stray tear that fell on my cheek.

Jenny went to change and everyone congratulated me. Seth was kept in the incubator and they shifted Kate to the ICU. I completed all the formality on the papers and paid all the charges.

I stood a bit far from Kate's bed as the nurse attached the IVs and connected her body to the machines which checked her vitals.

The nurse went and I sat on the stool beside Kate's bed. I cannot be anymore grateful to see my Kate alive. I carefully took her hand and placed it in my hands. I felt better when I saw her body rising and falling which indicates she's breathing and still alive. I thought I would lose her but seeing her safe and sound makes me happy and content. I kissed the back of her hand as I adored her.

Jenny came in with Liam and the others and she was now wearing a fresh apron over her clothes. I never got a chance to thank this amazing woman in front of me who saved my wife's life.

"Thank you Jenny. Thank you so much. I don't understand how to thank you. You don't know how grateful I am to see Kate breathing. And this is all because of you. So thank you." I said sincerely.

"It's okay, Zayn. It's my job. I don't know how I would've coped up if something had happened to her." She shook her head probably thinking of all the negatives.

"You're strong, Jennifer. So strong." I told her honestly and she smiled. Liam hugged her from the side and kissed her head. Obviously he must be so proud to have such strong sisters.

"When will she wake up?" I asked stroking her hand with my thumb.

"She's tired and in extreme pain so we've given her sedatives. She should wake up tomorrow morning." She said and I nodded.

"What about Seth? When will I be able to see him?" I asked.

She called Nancy in and told her to bring Seth. In no time Nancy brought in Seth and kept him in the cradle. Everyone gathered near him to take a look.

"Aww look at his eyes. So pretty."  Eleanor gushed.

"Can I play with Seth?" Amelia asked.

"Ofcourse love . But not now." Liam replied picking his five year old daughter as she was looking at Seth with curiosity.

"I got a little brother." She said happily and Liam placed a kiss on her cheek.

I saw him moving in the cradle for the very first time. I got up from my seat and went to him. He sensed my presence and looked up at me. A big smile spread on my face as he blinked his eyes taking in the surrounding. Liam took him in his arms and played with him.