Chapter 16 - Real life.

I'm frozen.

His lips envelope mine in a gentle but desperate embrace. The contact ignites fire in my veins, under my skin and in parts I never even thought could react. His lips move against mine, asking me to do the same.

But I'm frozen.

I don't have a single idea on what to do.

Now, before you start shaking your heads in disappointment at me and start giving me kissing advises; you should know that yes, I have kissed other boys before.

Cue the extra dramatic gasp.

As I have mentioned it many times before, I'm NOT a good girl. So yes, I've kissed other guys and I know how to kiss.

Granted it was in fifth grade but still.

So what the hell is your problem bitch?!

But it feels kind of wrong. Though I want nothing more than find a room and kiss the living daylights out of him, I can't.

What if he's just doing it because of his fever?

What if he's just doing it because some horny ghost has possessed him?

What if he hates me or worse, himself because of it later?

What if he's just doing it because he thinks of me as somebody else?

As Karin?

Because guys like him and girls like me never end up together. Not even in those stories which always have a happy ending.

And this is real life.

What chance do I have in real life?

Getting impatient with my lack of response, Ryder slams my body against the wall. I'm caged in between his warm upper body and the cold hard wall.

And I really want to lean on the former and just let go.

But I don't. Instead I act responsible for the first time in my life and push him away from me. It takes more strength, both physical and mental, than I thought it would.

He growls softly as our lips lose contact. My sub conscious agrees with him and growls even more loudly at me.

"Ryder," my voice comes out more breathy than I expect, "You're sick...We, uh, shouldn't do this right now."

He doesn't give up instead starts to land butterfly kisses on my neck.

My knees buckle from underneath me and I would've fallen flat on my face if it wasn't for a certain someone's arm holding me tightly to his chest.

"Ryder, listen to me. You're... uh...not thinking straight," I close my eyes to concentrate on my words but in reality it does the opposite since now I don't have anything to distract me from the feelings his lips are leaving on my neck.

"Well I like the way my thoughts are going right now," he murmurs trailing kisses up my collarbone, "Who the hell cares if it's not straight?"

I bite my lips in order to trap the moan that is threatening to escape, "But what if when you wake up tomorrow and hate me even more?"

His lips freeze on my neck, "I can never hate you."

"Well you made it pretty clear you do on that day," I say with bitterness dripping from every word.

He stiffens and reality punches me in the face.

You just HAD to remind him.

Taking advantage of the situation I push him further away from me, "See what I'm talking about?"