Spared

-Sherlock's PoV-

"John, I've found them!" I exclaimed to Dr. Wattson from where he had passed out on the couch, "they put their new London address, if we go now we should be there before dawn!"

"Ugh..." John mumbled, "alright, I'm up. Anything I should know about them?"

"Well... Turns out Mr. Toast is actually the grandson of the queen." He shot up when I said that, shocked, "yeah, they keep his side of the family quiet because they're very queer, I actually had to contact Mycroft in order to learn about this Johnny and his brother, I could only find things about their sister."

"In what way are they queer?" He started cleaning himself up, putting on a tie, fancy coat, fancy shoes, etc. Trying to look all fancy to impress him, but not look needy.

"Well, one's a criminal, selling drugs and such, he's locked up. Johnny is a, I quote Mycroft 'Paranormal Investigator Extrodenare' who lives with another ghost-hunter who has no real history, apart from making the news once or twice, no social accounts, and no backstory."

"And who's that?" John asked, following me as we left the building.

"The other guy is the one who's contact was Ghost, " I almost cringed, "they have the weirdest names..."

"Maybe they're nicknames?" John suggested.

"No, this Johnny's literal last name is Toast according to Mycroft."

"Wow," John said, following me down the stairs.

We hailed a cab and soon we were on our way.

I wonder what they're actually like?

What I've deduced is that 'Ghost' is more secretive, possibly traumatized from the protectiveness in his voice when he answered. I also wouldn't be surprised if they were childhood friends. The company only has four members, three living, one dead, most likely from an in-job accident. I'm assuming that 'Spooker', the dead one, was the one who answered the phone the first time we rang and another one, 'Colon', took it from him halfway. The scuffs on the sides of Toast's phone shows that he is almost indeed an alcoholic, but possibly one with breaking habits. They didn't seem eager to get caught by the police, maybe they've already spent their time and don't want to go back. But for some reason, half the times I looked up 'Ghost' I got news quips of a psychopathic murderer named 'Jimmy Casket'. I wonder why...

--Casket's PoV--

"STAB STAB STAB!" I screamed, letting the knife plummet back into the screaming man. I laughed, licking the blood from Knifey, "hehe, it was knife to play with you." I told the dead man, pocketing Knifey and strolling away, covered in blood.

"Boy was today fun!" I said, talking to myself like a completely 100% normal person. It was quiet, too quiet. The kind of quiet that could drive me madder. I went to cross the street, but a sudden force ran into me. I forgot about the fact that Brits drive on the wrong side of the road and I forgot to look both ways and stuff, blah blah blah safety. I went flying and landed a couple yards away. Someone stepped out of the car and walked over to me.

"Sherlock, he's still conscious! Are you alright?" They asked as I started standing up, they couldn't hear my laughing.

"Y-yeeah, I'm fiiiiiine..." I noticed someone else behind the first guy. He was taller, with black curly hair and a stiff expression on his face. He recognized me, I could tell.

"STOP KILLING PEOPLE, CASKET!" Ghost screamed in my head. Idiot... But I guess I'm getting tired...

"John. Back away from the man slowly." The tall one, I think his name is Sherlock, said to the person closer to me. 'John' backed away and I pulled out Knifey.

"Clever! How'd you know?" I asked him, laughing. John was still backing away, but I didn't care, I think I might have some fun doing this.

"Your twitching and covered in bloodstains that you wouldn't get from a car hitting, and if you did you'd still be bleeding, that much damage cannot happen within seconds, I'm assuming you killed someone nearby... Possibly a couple blocks away... Your knife doesn't have any blood on it, though... Did you seriously-" He paused as I mimicked licking Knifey"- You licked a metal blade."

"Yup! I'm gonna Stab-stab-stab you and your friend here, plus as you can see yOuR cAb'S lEfT yOu!"

"I told him to leave without us," Sherlock said, ignoring John's astonished look of horror about my insanity.

I rubbed my index along the flat of the blade, "you have thirty seconds before I get bored, but after that..." I smiled wider and started counting, I could hear them running. They fell for it. "Okay, Johnny, I'm leaving them alone. Happy?"

"Oh wow, thanks, then. NOW GIMME BACK MY BODY!"

"Fiiiiine. I'm heading back now." I ran to the nearest building and climbed up it, running across the roofs until we reached our 'flat'. I dropped down and snuck in through my window, to see Toast sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, reading a book. He put it down when he heard me come in."

"... How many?"

"... Uh... Only a couple... Dozen people..." I mumbled, crossing my arms, "I was bored, alright?"

Toaster sighed. "Please gimme back my friend, Casket?"

"NOW, PLEASE?"Ghost shouted.

"Fine. We'll be in the bathroom, Johnny-boy has to puke." I told him. Toast rose an eyebrow. "Lotta blood," I pointed at my forehead, "weak stomach." He almost facepalmed as I proudly left the room, just to have my body collapse by the toilet and puke into it.

"Wow, Johnny... You really need to stomach your blood more..." I told him, laughing.

"This isn't even mine!" He told me, angrily. "Why do you even eat this stuff?

"I like how it tastes," I admitted, drifting around the mind-space. He groaned and kept throwing up.

"Sir?" Toast asked from the doorway.

"I think I'm done..." Ghost mumbled, "I need to take a shower or something, I feel so gross..."

"That's just the bloodstains, Ghostie."

"I'm going to keep throwing up now, I've changed my mind." Ghost mumbled, turning back to the toilet.

I love messing with Ghostie.

"Sir, I was going to say someone's at the door."

"I guess I'm gonna have to change..."

"They insist I let them in, mentioning a murderer?"

"Ooh! It's them!" I cheered, clapping my hands in Ghost's head. He sighed.

"Jimmy spared someone. I'm gonna go change..."

"They forced themselves inside, sir, also saying they were cops...."

"Kill me."

"I don't think they're listening, though. Go change, I'll talk to them."

Ghost shot Toast a thank you look and went back to our room as Toast went downstairs.

This seems fun.