I'd Rather Go Blind

Start from the beginning

I was quickly cut off by Jackie jumping into my face.

"TAYLER!"

Jackie scared the hell out of me, I instantly removed my hands from the keys and apologized quickly.

"I'm sorry I'm just super excited about the track and I had to keep singing-" I tried to explain.

"No! No! you wrote that song?"

I nodded quickly

"The one you just sang"

Nah you numb nuts, but I nodded again keeping my smart remarks to myself.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"You need to record that as a demo and I want you to let the brothers and I sing that song."

"Wow Jackie really? you want my song." I smiled.

I didn't know what was better having someone actually like something I wrote or having Michael singing the lead for a song he was the inspiration for?

I stared up at Jackie.

"Is it finished?" he questioned.

"Yeah it is" I nodded as I said that.

"Please Tayler I've been in the business for a few years, but I know a hit when I hear it and that Baby Doll is a hit."

He lifted my chin up with his finger looking me in the eyes smiling.

I couldn't describe what I was feeling at this moment. I was in pure bliss. I went from selling albums to working at a department store to now being asked to let the Jacksons record a song of mine. I couldn't be more thankful, but if Jackie don't back the hell up off me he will be thanking the Lord that he still has his ass after my foot has been in it.

"Yeah as long as you cut the check and keep your finger to yourself or I'll break it ok?" I said sweetly with a smile, but if I was Jackie I would take me seriously.

"Alright lets get to recording!" Jackie clapped his hands together.

I stood up with his help and made my way back into the booth.

Michael's POV:

I was sitting at my desk, doodling in one of my many sketch books.

I just needed a stress reliever.

Why would Jackie even invite her here, knowing the history between us. Anybody that knows me knows that I love her, having her here is just a constant reminder of how much shame I harbor for how I've treated her.

With Randy telling everyone in the house about the incident that happened the other day, Jackie should know inviting her here was not a good idea. Then he tried to kick me out, he needs to get rid of her.

What am I thinking? Even I can't get rid of her. Just seeing her made it harder to get the monkey off my back. Just seeing her round belly knowing that she is having my son, just made me smile. But how can I be proud when I keep denying the both of them.

Just hearing her sing again, that made my heart smile. Contrary to belief I want her to be happy and I know when she sings she is at her happiest, that is what made us connect. Just making people feel good with our music and Tayler God, can she make you feel a song. That's why I had to get out of there before I broke down.

I heard my door opening, I turned in my chair to be faced with Joseph and Mother. What could it possibly be now?

"Hey Michael me and your father wanted to talk with you about something." Mother sat on my bed with Joseph at her side.