Lets Get Married

The tears begin to fall from her dark orbs. She was caught up in her own thoughts as she couldn't make out what the minister in front of her was saying. She looked around the small room at her and Michael's family.

Her stomach was in knots and the sound of her heart breaking could be heard. She tried to bat away the newly forming tears, but failed. She took the back of her knuckle and wiped them.

Michael grabbed her delicate hand and kissed it as the camera flashed in front of them. She tried to return the same loving smile he gave her, but it felt forced. However, everyone besides Michael, her, and their parents bought the act.

Every fiber in her body was telling her to run out of that room or just simply tell Michael she couldn't marry him, but her feet was glued to the floor. She knew she couldn't back out now as the ink of the contract she just signed two days ago wasn't even dry yet and she was already trying to get out of this marriage or business transaction.

Once again, she was sacrificing how she felt in order to save Michael. She protested many times to this sham of a hurried marriage, but she couldn't allow Michael's career to go down the drain along with hers. She knew she was strong enough to find another career path or another avenue to take. However, Michael was different. This was all he knew since he was five years old and she could not take that all away from him.

She didn't even realize Michael had slid the white gold diamond ring on her finger until she felt the coldness. She looked down in awe and back at Michael with a look of astonishment.

"Now Tayler, repeat after me. With this ring I thee wed" the minister finished with a smile.

She swallowed hard as her throat became dry. She received the ring from Joseph and just stared at it. She nearly dropped it as her hands begin to sweat and shake.

"Tayler?" The minister called.

She looked up with tears. Her heart raced faster as she forced herself to say the words that would make Michael hers for eternity.

"With this ring" She swallowed. "I thee wed" She choked out. She slid the ring down on Michael's ring finger.

This time he took the pads of his thumb and wiped her tears. She closed her eyes and marinated in his touch. This was supposed to be the happiest day of her life, the happiest day of any girls' life and here she was crying.

To the naked eye, they seemed like happy tears but truthfully they were tears of hesitance. She thought the day Michael would make her his forever would be the most happiest day of her life that even God would peer down and smile at the two. She pictured a big extravagant ceremony. A ball gown so large you couldn't see her feet, Michael in all his glory in the finest suit he had ever dawned. Sharing a dance with her father on the dance floor as he swept her off her feet and gave her away with tears in his eyes. Their friends and family crying in the pews and smiling at them with admiration.

But here she was in a small room barely big enough to fit the party of nine in the room. Her father barely looking at her, but she couldn't even tell by the sunglasses he hid behind. Joseph scowling and Katherine smiling, and Donna. She forced a smile on her face, but she knew how she truly felt inside as they all spent the last week arguing about this arrangement.

The only solace she found was the comfort of her son being there, she tried her best to focus her gaze on him asleep in Donna's arms.

"And now the moment y'all been waiting for. You ready son? Cause you can't give her back" The minister teased.

Michael giggled and shook his head. "I don't plan on it"

She sincerely smiled at him.

This was the only time everyone in the room shared a genuine laugh.

"So by the powers vested in me by the state of California I now announce you husband and wife. May your love flourish and never dry. May your days be long with happiness and love and when it gets dark, your love will overcome and provide light" He looked between the couple in their eyes.

They nodded in agreement. Michael blushing like crazy. She admired him biting his bottom lip because she knew what would come next. She wanted to make the kiss look as realistic as possible. She concentrated on his plump pink lips and became aroused and intrigued.

Even through all this mess, she found the little things in him that attracted her.

"Michael, you may now kiss your bride"

Michael giggled, which made her laugh. He bit his lip again and looked down. He was nervous because their parents were in the room looking on.

"Come on son, don't keep her waiting. You're married now, there's nothing they can do" the minister teased.

Everyone laughed again.

Tayler wanted to get it over with so she leaned in and placed her delicate hand on his soft cheek. She looked into his eyes and pursed her lips and placed her plush lips on his. She deepened the kiss without tongue to keep it clean in front of the parents. She could've got lost in the kiss. She wanted this moment, this millisecond here of kiss that they shared to last but she knew once the kiss was over this farce of a wedding would reveal who they really are.

A broken young couple, marrying to save his image.

The two broke the kiss and stared into each other's eyes as their foreheads touched. The flash could be seen in the corner of their eyes as they captured the moment that would surely make the front page of the popular magazine that shared the news of the young couple arrival of their son just last week.

Applause could be heard, and the photographer begin to take snaps of those in attendance.

She looked on with a plastic smile, but on the inside she was dying to get out of there. Suddenly her stomach had fallen, her breath got hitched in her throat, and her mouth watered.

"Uh excuse me Michael" she politely said.

He grabbed her small hand "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, I just need to go to the restroom"

She tried to fight the gnawing feeling in her stomach and the fullness in her throat.

"Ok, hurry back. They want to take pictures and start the interview"

She nodded and rushed away, she almost pushed through everyone approaching her to congratulate her on tying the knot.

She found the nearest restroom and stormed the stall. She kneeled down on her white gown and almost slammed her head in the toilet bowl. Between her gagging, she cried.

She knew she was making a mistake, but it was too late to back out now.

She shook as she replayed the ceremony in her mind. She questioned if she was doing the right thing. But it was too late.

She was now Mrs. Michael Joseph Jackson, whether she liked it...or not.
~
Soooooo...what the hell happened? The couple are now married???

Also, I GOT ENGAGED A FEW DAYS AGO YALL❤️