Steve x Soda

Thanks for requesting Egt311

Soda's P.o.V.

The girls at the DX are what bothered me most. Always swarming around me, trying to steal kisses on my cheek, or doing whatever the hell they could to get my attention.

I hated it.

But the thing is, I had to pretend to like it. Everyone expects it from me I guess. People think that I'm crazy if I push them off to the side.

One of the main reasons why I hate it so much though, is because I'm not all that into girls.

I thought I was for a while. I think up until last year, when the gang went swimming for the first time that summer.

When Steve took his shirt off, I couldn't stop staring. I didn't know why at the time, but I now.

I'm in love with Steve Randle.

I'm in love with my bestfriend. The second I realized that I broke up with Sandy, surprising everybody.

I'm glad I ended that too, because turns out she was two-timing me. Pretty embarrassing actually.

Oh well. I never really felt much love towards her anyway. Friendship, obviously, but never any love.

I was sitting behind the counter at the DX reading some magazine. As usual, a hoarde of girls were around me. After they realized that I wasn't gonna look up, they all finally left, muttering stuff about how they were done trying with me.

They'd be back.

"What's the matter buddy?" I turned my head to see Steve coming in the door, rubbing his oil stained hands with an old rag.

"Oh, hey Steve." I sighed and went back to the magazine.

He sat down beside me. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing really. Just not in the mood to pretend to be interested in all those girls." I shrugged.

"Pretend?" He cocked an eyebrow.

I looked up at him and grinned lightly. "Yeah pretend. I can't stand it when they come around. Annoys me."

Steve nodded. "It'd annoy me too." He laughed as he went to flip the 'open' sign to 'closed'.

He slid down the wall behind the counter and rubbed his eyes. I followed him over there and slid down next to him.

"Ya tired, Stevie?" I teased.

"Very." He nodded. "Couldn't get that damn Mustang to start."

I took a chance and leaned my head in his shoulder. He shivered some and I wrapped an arm around him.

"Steve?" I questioned.

He hummed in response.

"Why are you still with Evie?"

He sat up kinda and looked at me confused. "Oh, I-I mean why not? She's n-nice and p-pretty, and I really like her." He said uneasily.

I looked down, almost with tears in my eyes.

"Soda?"

"What?" I said miserably.

"Are you okay?"

That made me snap. "No! No I'm not okay, alright?! It's not easy being in love with someone who you know you'll never get!"

He blinked, obviously confused. "Y-you mean Evie? You're in love with Evie?" He sounded almost angry.

I laughed. "No dumbass." I grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss.

He pushed me back and stood up, backing away slowly. "Why'd you do that?"

I couldn't keep back the tears now. They started rushing down my cheeks and I buried my face in my arms.

"Soda?"

I didn't answer. Just stayed put. But what he said next made my heart skip a beat.

"Y-you wouldn't just say that right? You ain't just saying that? You wouldn't play with my feelings?"

I looked up. "I-I wasn't pretending at all."

He closed his eyes and blushed. "Then... then can you do it again?"

My eyes widened as he sat down beside me again. Slowly, I leaned in, and he did too. Our lips met and this time he didn't push me away, he pulled me closer.

Our lips moved against each other's in a good rhythm, as we were both experienced kissers.

When we broke apart, our foreheads were still touching and we were panting a bit.

"Soda... I love you."

"I love you too Steve."

He laughed softly and stood up, reaching out a hand to help me up as well.

We looked in each other's eyes fro a few seconds. All the while I was working up the nerve to ask a certain question.

I took a deep breath. "Steve... would you please be my boyfriend?"

He grinned. "I'd love to."

Now whenever those annoying girls came around I got to proudly tell them that I already had somebody.

Steve would just smile to himself, and everyday after work he'd tell me that he didn't mind it if I flirted with them.

I'd kiss his forehead and explain to him that I'd rather kill myself than flirt with anybody that wasn't him.

He'd grin and tell me I'm crazy.

But I think he liked it.