Interview 66: omfgitsolivia

1.  Can you tell me something about yourself?

I'm a very creative person. I love music, and visual art. i'm a social butterfly, meaning that I love being around people and making friends.

2. What inspired you to write?

when I was younger, I loved to read. I also had a very strong imagination. so, after a while, I started typing my "stories" on Microsoft Word, and after a while, I grew to love writing.

3. One of your main characters commits a crime.  Describe how and why.

Egypt from "Trap Goddess", would definitely be one of them. she would commit a crime for someone else's well-being, or to help out her family. usually, Egypt commits crimes for her mother, her friend Reggie, or her other friend, Serena.

4.  If you could have any one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and what would you do?

I would want Serena, from "Trap Goddess" to become a real person. If she became real, I would idolize and probably research her everyday, haha. She seemed like she would be an interesting person.

5.  Is writing a hobby or career to you?

 Writing is definitely a hobby for me. For some reason, I never wanted it to be a career.

6.  Do you want your stories to be published one day?

Definitely. But, it would be more a side-hobby, not something I would dedicate my entire time to.

7. What do you do when you aren't writing?

  I usually listen to music, or go hang out of with my friends. Sometimes texting, or kiking them.

8. What is your main goal with writing books?

  I want to tell different stories and want people to see how other people's perspectives or other's hardships. I want people to see a different type of view of things, as well as telling other's stories.

9. What books have most influenced your life most?

  I would have to say No Cream Puffs by Karen Day. It was the first full-length book I finished (other than Junie B. Jones) that it kind of inspired me to start writing.

10. What job did you want to be as a kid? 

  A fashion designer.

11. Do you ever experience writer’s block?

Definitely.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

  Most of the time I have an outline, but stories like "Never Ever" and "Trap Goddess" are stories I just began writing with no plans at all.

13.   Do you see writing as a career?

Not at all. Haha, that's what's weird. I love writing, but I don't think it could ever be a career for me.

14.  Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

My favorite authors on wattpad are@EbonyGoddess @TrillAsTAJA, and@majestueux. My favorite writer in real life has to be L. Divine. They're all very realistic writers and they write about real problems.

15. Who designed the covers?

All my covers are designed by me.

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

 The hardest part of writing the book is the ending and the beginning. It's kind of like a first impression (the beginning.) I always want my endings to be powerful, something people think about after reading.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book? 

The easiest part is definitely the climax. (it's also my favorite)

18. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I learned from writing "Catfish" that writing takes time and it's a slow process sometimes. I was so excited writing it that I wanted to update almost all the time, lol.

19. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

  I love you guys!

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

To take your time, and write what you know.