Interviews 40: rosesarered27

1. Can you tell me about yourself?

I’m Rosemary, 29 years old, Single.

2. What inspired you to write?

I once wrote an essay for my English Class and my teacher was so impressed, he encouraged me to try my hand at writing.

3. How did you find wattpad?

My little brother stumbled across the site and recommended it.

4.  Where do your ideas come from?

From movies or books and sometimes, from real life experience.

5. Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?

No outlines for me. I’m a purely spontaneous writer and usually get the best ideas when I don’t plan them out/

6. How do you think you've evolved creatively?

My writing style has improved a lot since I started, and I’d say I’ve gotten the hang of turning a somewhat cliché idea and putting a different spin to it.

7. What is the hardest thing about writing?

For me, it would be writing the first chapter, cos there is a lot riding on grabbing your reader’s interest while trying to avoid it being an info dump.

8. Would you call yourself a wattpad celebrity? Why so or why not?

Celebrity? I don’t think so…popular? Maybe. I mean, the other day I was searching for something to read and I came across a user with over a 100,000 fans. Now that’s celebrity.

9. Are you working on any new story you can tell me about?

Right now, I’m in the process of re-writing one of my stories with a totally different plot.

10. What is your favorite quote?

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep walking – Zen proverb

11. How was the publishing process?

I haven’t started publishing any of my books just yet, so I wouldn’t know.

12. Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?

Hopefully, with a few published books and a different job!

13. What is your favorite movie and why?

Pride and Prejudice. I still cry at the scene where Darcy reluctantly declares his love to Elizabeth.

14. What advice would you give to your younger self?

STAY AWAY FROM LUCAS!

15. Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

Barbara Cartland…just for the chance to tell her to make her female characters have a little spine in her next life.

16. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

The Little Pretender by Barbara Cartland. That’s the one book that made me fall in love with Regency Romance. And the heroine was awesome!

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Losing interest in the story. It just makes it harder to complete if you’ve got no interest in continuing that story when you’re just itching to start another.

18. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Yeah. I learned it’s awesome to finally complete a story.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank you for being the best readers a writer could ever hope for. 

 20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

The best ideas for a story sometimes come when you’re not thinking too hard about it. So don’t stress yourself out, it’ll come.