A very strange nightmare

Start from the beginning

"Well to thank you for your kind favors, you must join us all for dinner tomorrow night." She suggested with a smile, but this made Todd frown and give her a nervous look. Why would Nellie be inviting this man over for dinner? She didn't even really know him for God's sake. Did she find him attractive? Why else would she be asking him to have dinner with all of them? Nellie saw how Victoria looked rather excited at the idea though, how her cheeks grew slightly red.

"Oh that's very nice of you miss, but I could never impose on your family like that." Stephen told her, grateful for the invitation. Sweeney Todd nodded vigorously in agreement to this, but thankfully Stephen didn't notice.

"Oh nonsense!" Nellie waved his silly idea away with her hand "it wouldn't be imposing at all! We have plenty of room at the table and it would be just wonderful for you to join us."

Stephen smiled and finally gave in, much to Todd's disappointment. "Well alright, as long as you're sure it wouldn't be a bother."

"Of course not, just come over at around six o'clock and we'll all have a marvelous time."

"Thank you mrs.Lovett," he said with a polite head nod before he turned to Victoria and placed her bags down in front of her. "Your bags, miss." He offered a charming smile, causing Victoria to blush even more.

"Thank you sir," she smiled from ear to ear. Stephen turned to everyone and tipped his head as a farewell gesture.

The kids all said goodbye to him before they helped Victoria carry her things to Nellie's room. Where they discussed the latest news on Nellie and Sweeney, which unfortunately wasn't much. But they also told her of their newest idea to play truth or dare, and Victoria got a very, very good idea for their planned game.

In the kitchen, Sweeney silently glared at Nellie, who only laughed when she noticed "wot?" She asked with an amused smile.

"Why did you invite him?" He asked in a rather annoyed tone.

Nellie scoffed at this, what a completely rude thing to say. Especially after how polite Stephen had been! "How could I not? After how nice he's been with the kids. Why do you care anyway?"

Sweeney looked away "I don't." He mumbled in his usual grumpy manner.

Nellie smiled at this and approached him, making him tense slightly when she placed a hand on his cheek and looked up at him with a smirk. "Now Mr.Todd, you're not jealous, are you?"

"No."

"You don't think I'm attracted to him do you?" She asked, finding the idea rather silly. Why did he seem so concerned? Victoria was the one interested in Stephen, not her! But the fact that Nellie even suggested this idea only worried him more. Why would she even have that idea in her head? What if she actually was attracted to Stephen?

"Are you?" Well that was helpful, he answered her question with a question. Nellie laughed, but he didn't find it funny. In fact, her laughter made him more anxious.

"No of course not. But I think Victoria is, which is another reason why I invited him. Didn't you see the way she was practically swooning over him? She lives alone, she's never been married, she isn't even courting anyone. She must be lonely, poor thing." Nellie said with a touch of sadness in her voice. Victoria was now twenty eight years old and she'd never been in a serious courtship. Which was such a shame considering what a romantic she is. She loves relationships and love, but she doesn't have one of her own.

Sweeney smiled with relief "that's great." He breathed, mostly talking to himself. But Nellie furrowed her brows and gave him a look. He quickly cleared his throat "I mean that you're not attracted to him, not the Victoria being lonely thing." Nellie only rolled her eyes with a small smile tugging at her lips before she kissed his cheek and went to the counter to make a plate of dinner for Victoria. She must've been hungry after the ride here.