Troubles with the Beadle

One month later
Sweeney Todd paced around in his shop restlessly and impatiently. He was, of course in one of his bad moods. Sure, the Judge was dead, but the Beadle wasn't. The Beadle hadn't been around at all for weeks and each day Sweeney Todd craved more and more to spill the Beadle's horrible blood. He took his anger out on quite a few customers today, but it still didn't satisfy him. The Judge did something awful to Lucy, but the Beadle was just as bad. Sweeney needed to avenge Lucy, and it wouldn't feel complete until the Beadle was gone from this cruel world.

Right now he was almost in a trance, a bloodlust, vengeful, merciless, trance and he knew it. He knew that he could be extremely violent like this and he prayed to God that Johanna, Toby, Anthony, and Nellie would just stay downstairs and none of them would come up. If one of them came up, he could lash out uncontrollably and he didn't want anything of that sort happening, but in times like this it was hard to control himself.

Sadly, he came to the realization that his hoping obviously didn't work when he heard the shop door open. He stayed facing the window and didn't turn around. "I'm going to the market, do you want to come?" He heard Nellie's voice ask from behind. Without saying anything, he shook his head, hoping she'd leave. "You feeling alright?" She asked, as she began to walk towards him, normally he greeted her or even turned around, she hoped he wasn't sick. Once again, he was silent but he nodded. He tried to focus on something outside, anything, just to keep his mind off of his anger. She noticed how he stared intently out of the window so she walked closer, behind him looking over his shoulder. "Do you see the Beadle or something? I told you to just..." her sentence was cut off by him turning around and pressing a razor to her throat. "No! I did not see the Beadle! That is exactly the problem!" She wasn't scared, nervous, or hurt. Quite honestly, she was angry and annoyed, she gave him a cold glare as she pursed her lips and pushed him off of her. "Maybe if you'd stop yelling and stop throwing a bloody tantrum and just come to the damn market with me you'd see 'im!" Nellie yelled as if she was a mother yelling at a child. He stared at the floor, calming down. Why did he lose control so easily? "Yeah, I'll go" he mumbled quietly, but she heard him. "Good, now stoo being such an idiot." He smirked slightly at her comment, but made sure she didn't see it.

They walked around the market and she picked up some supplies and some things for the kids to eat. Sweeney just constantly looked around, keeping an eye out for the Beadle. Nellie put a hand on his shoulder "for God's sake Sweeney you're moving your head so much you look like a chicken. Please just calm down" she whispered and he took a deep breath. They walked around the market for a little while longer, in hopes of spotting him, but they didn't.

Unfortunately they eventually just had to head back to Fleet street. On their way home they were walking past the place where people were hung for their 'crimes' but most people who were hung were innocent. Beadle Bamford made the decisions now, until they found a new Judge to replace Turpin, who everyone says went "mysteriously missing" every time Nellie or Sweeney heard someone say that, they smirked at each other. At the moment, it seemed someone was about to be hung then and there, which would explain all of the people gathered around to watch. "Probably an innocent man" Sweeney mumbled, not that he had room to talk of innocence considering all of the men he has killed.

Nellie looked across the street to where it was all happening and that's when she saw it. Saw him. Her cousin Nicholas was the man who was about to die. She immediately filled with fear, anger, and sorrow all at once. Nicholas was one of the nicest men she ever knew, "Nicholas" she whispered to herself before her eyes widened. "Sweeney it's Nick my cousin" she whispered, breath shaky, her voice got louder as she saw the rope go around his neck. "Sweeney...Sweeney...we have to do something" her voice got louder and more frantic as she spoke. Eventually she began to yell "he's going to kill him!" She began to run towards the scene but Sweeney grabbed her shoulder, but she shook it off. "No! Nicholas! No!" She screamed and tried to run again but Sweeney grabbed her waist from behind. "Nellie if you try to do anything, they'll hang you next" he told her quietly, but firmly. Nellie pulled away a bit but he grabbed her again, she tried pulling his arms off of her, but he had a tight grip, she bagan to kick and try to run again. He held her waist as he carefully but quickly walked backwards, her feet weren't even on the ground anymore, they were lashing around in the air.