Charles

Nellie stared blankly at her eggs, not feeling very hungry for breakfast. Sweeney still hadn't come downstairs this morning, and today was the day she planned to break it off with Charles. Anthony noticed how she hadn't touched her food, and how she looked as though something was bothering her.

"Mrs.Lovett, are you alright?" Nellie looked up from her plate and smiled at him reassuringly, even though it was a forced smile.

"Yes love, just a bit distracted that's all. I actually 'ave to go run a few errands. Mr.Todd is upstairs, the three of you will be okay if I slip out for a bit, right?"

They all nodded simultaneously "of course mum."

Without finishing her breakfast, or starting it, for that matter, Nellie set her plate on the counter and left the shop. The children wondered what errands she had to run, considering she'd just been to the market that previous day.

By the time Todd made his way downstairs it was past noon, but Nellie still hadn't returned. "There you are dad!" Johanna exclaimed happily when she saw him. "I was just about to come upstairs to make sure you hadn't disappeared. You never sleep in late, where 'ave you been all morning?" She hugged him tightly and he kissed her head before pouring himself a cup of tea.

"I've been working, but now I'm on my lunch break."

Johanna furrowed her brows "but dad," she began in confusion "it's Sunday." No one ever worked on Sundays, Sundays in society were meant for church and family time. The only thing that was ever open on Sunday was the market.

"Yes I know, but we didn't have anything planned for today and so I figured some extra money wouldn't hurt." He was only partly telling the truth, it was true that he'd been working all morning. But the only reason he'd been doing so is because he needed to mentally prepare himself to come downstairs and see Nellie. He didn't know what to expect about how things would be between them from this point on. Would they pretend their conversation last night never happened? Would things go back to normal? Or would it be painfully awkward? As he looked around though, he noticed she was no where to be found. Johanna noticed the confusion and slight disappointment on her father's face as he scanned his surroundings like a lost puppy.

Johanna smiled, not needing to ask who he was looking for. "She's running errands."

Todd turned his attention back to his daughter when he heard her. "Hmm?"

Johanna laughed "mum, she's out running errands. Isn't that who you were looking around for? Or are you eager to see somebody else?" Johanna smirked.

Sweeney scoffed nervously "eager? No no no, I'm not eager to see anyone, nor was I looking for anyone." Johanna simply rolled her eyes. Todd was trying to be patient, but he was growing anxious, if speaking go Nellie was going to be weird and awkward he'd rather just get it over with now than sit around anxiously waiting for her. "Not that it matters to me, but do you know when she'll be back?" He asked quietly.

"If it doesn't matter then why are you asking?"

"I have to ask her a business question."

Johanna nodded with a knowing smile "right, well I'm not entirely sure when she'll be back. But probably very soon."

In the meantime, Sweeney made lunch for the kids and he cleaned up the shop a bit. He did the dishes and put them away, he swept the floors and cleaned the windows. After that he sat down in the living room and looked around for a book to read. The children ate their lunch happily as Sweeney nervously awaited her arrival.

At last, Nellie arrived home, empty handed. This only confused Toby when his mum walked into the house holding nothing. "Don't you have any bags or anything mum? Weren't you running errands?" He asked as he bit into his sandwich.