Shinigami eyes (Death note)

Start from the beginning

"Oh yes, however I'm not really the brightest person so they sent me to check out all the universities and gave the others the hard work. Plus others are kind of frightened by my appearance." I admit sheepishly. He stops.

"Your appearance?" He asks. I point towards my eyes, to which I wasn't lying about. Most people freaked out when they saw my eyes. My accursed eyes. The eyes of a goddess of death, or the daughter of one.

"Oh yeah your eyes. They are an interesting color, however they're actually very beautiful, in a unique way." He says. I stop walking at those words, my mouth hanging open slightly at those words. Beautiful? He thought my eyes were beautiful? No one had ever thought my eyes were beautiful. They all thought I was a demon, maybe even my own brother sometimes. Back when I was a child, I even began to believe I was a demon myself.

Flashback:

I sat on the swing by myself, the only child on the swingset. The other children looked at me reproachfully with cold, misunderstood eyes. One boy stepped foreward, glaring at me, but there was also fear behind his mean eyes.

"Are you a demon, Vissa?" (Not her real name much like Near and Mello are not their real names) The boy asked me, walking towards me now and gripping the sides of my swing. I stare up at him coolly.

"No, I'm not a demon." I say indignantly. He pushed me off the swing and I fell backwards, landing directly in a puddle of mud behind the swing, getting my hair, face, and clothes all dirty. The other children laughed along with the bully.

"Yes you are. You're eyes are red and weird! That means your a demon, Vissa!" He yells. tears fill up my eyes, but I go very quickly from upset to angry. I stand up and kick him as hard as I could in the stomach and he falls to the ground. He gasps for breath, the wind knocked out of him and when he gets his breath back, he starts to whine and cry.

I stand above him, angry and rage-induced. "I am a demon! I am a demon so you should all run away or I'll eat you!" I shout out all of them. He stands up and limp runs away with the rest of the children, all of them hysterical. Then I fall down to my knees and start to cry myself. I am a demon I think in horror. I'm a demon.

End of flashback:

"Hello? Mika?" Light asks, shaking my shoulder slightly. I come back from my flashback and shake it off, returning to the act.

"Sorry. " I say half-heartedly. "I was just thinking about something and got lost in thought." I say.

"It's alright I was just worried." He says. He continues to show me around campus but I can't help but keep thinking about how he said my eyes were beautiful. Somehow I knew if he was Kira, I might not be able to kill him as originally planned.