Chapter 2: PORK AND RICE

(PAST)

Jeongguk thought he'd never see the end to his trainee days. He and Jimin had always dreamt of being idols. They were very passionate about singing and dancing and couldn't imagine doing anything else in life. The path to success was very hard and long and sometimes very lonely, but Jeongguk often found the strength to carry on in the feeling of content that filled his heart while singing and dancing. 'It will be worth it', he repeatedly thought.

And so it was. The day he met the other members of what was soon to be called BTS, he was so happy he thought his heart was going to explode. Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok already knew each other but immediately welcomed Jeongguk and Jimin. Seokjin was shy at first, but after exchanging a few polite words, he became more accustomed to them and started to act like the hyung he was. Jeongguk thought they were a nice bunch of very different people, but found it very odd to be an even number. He kept thinking that their dance routines would look strange if they were six, because no one would ever be in the spotlight...

"Hm, hyung, can I ask you a question?" Jeongguk tapped Namjoon's shoulder.

"So eager!" Namjoon laughed waving his hands.

"Isn't it kind of strange that we are... six?"

"Ah?" Namjoon looked around the room confused. "Yoongi, weren't we supposed to be seven?"

Yoongi nodded in response from the other side of the room, not bothering to raise his voice. Jeongguk looked back at Namjoon waiting for a response.

"I guess he's late", he shrugged.

And speaking of the devil, as soon as Namjoon turned on his heel, the doorbell rang. Hoseok practically ran to the door and opened it abruptly. A tall, slim figure entered the room. On his face, a box shaped smile full of teeth. Jeongguk felt his heart skip a beat.

"Ah, sorry I'm late. I missed the bus and I had to run here", the guy scratched the back of his head.

"There's the other one", said Yoongi to Jeongguk rather loud. The new guy looked at him curious and Jeongguk felt all the blood in his body going to his face. He nodded trying not to look that embarrassed but hearing Jimin laughing at him made him even hotter.

"Did you guys eat already? I'm so hungry!" the new guy said while walking around.

"You haven't introduced yourself properly and you're already asking for food? Show some respect to your elders!" Yoongi said in an annoyed tone.

"Don't be so hard on the kid", Seokjin interrupted. "We were actually waiting for you. This is a special occasion, we should all eat together and remember this forever."

"So cheesy!" Namjoon mocked. Seokjin scolded him with a cold stare.

"But before we eat, I think you should at least tell us your name. I think we all know already, but it's kind of a tradition to introduce yourself and feel embarrassed", Seokjin continued.

"Well... my name is Kim Taehyung and I'm from Daegu. I'm 18... and I don't know what else to say, really!" he, again, his smile was so wide Jeongguk thought the entire sun could fit in there.

"We should call you Tae Tae!" Hoseok sentenced waving his hands excitedly.

"Ah, again, so cheesy! Let's go eat already", Namjoon pouted.

As they all stood up and walked to the kitchen to set the table, Jeongguk stared at Taehyung from afar. He had white hair that fell effortlessly over his dark eyes, which were slightly made up with black eyeliner and a hint of dark brown shadow at the corners. His lips were soft and rather pink in spite of his skin being very tanned. He wore a large grey tee with the left shoulder ripped and black skinny trousers that made his legs even thinner.