Chapter Two - Expensive Lemonade

The birthday party was over and Miranda's lucky day too. It was time for the school. Whenever she used to hear the word 'school', Miranda behaved as she was choked with bitter gourd. It was not because she hated studying, but she didn't like the teachers. She wasn't alone. Every other student faced the same trouble because the school was no less than the hell. 'Lost Education Public School', was a school where lectures tortured the students and the punishments were extraordinary.

Miranda and her best friends wanted to murder many of the teachers. Expect for some moments, the school was highly repulsive and unpleasant. She once said to Andice that some teachers were only alive because it was illegal to shoot them to which Andice sincerely agreed and so as the other classmates.

It was Monday, but Miranda was still slumbering in her room instead of getting herself ready for the school. Angelina's nostrils broadened, as she had sensed the snores.

Carrying a red face and a metal drum in hand, she came up hammering on the stairs. Angelina stomped outside her room. Listening carefully, she heard snores from both sides. Angelina snapped her teeth so hardly that the rough sound could be heard. She took a deep breath before starting.

"Miranda, Mirandaaaa!" Angelina voice was like a loudspeaker.

Bang! Bang! Bang! She stroke tongs against the metal drum thrice.

"Chrisss... Chris!"

Bang! Bang! Bang! Again, she repeated it thrice.

The loudness and the intensity increased with the time. Since the last month, Angelina had been serving herself to them as alarm clock. She did that because Miranda's alarm clock had stopped working, and Angelina was unwilling to purchase a new one. Angelina's usual day had started to awake the slackers of the home.

She knew Miranda would have awakened after two rounds of drumbeats, however, Chris would haven't. Angelina puffed up and stepped into his room to show she had the power. As Angelina moved inside Chris's room, on exact second, Miranda stepped out from her room. Miranda looked at her mom with her half-opened eyes and greeted her best of luck.

Miranda rubbed her eyes. She went downstairs to have breakfast before the bath. Miranda had started sleeping a lot as she considered sleep as a significant factor involved in beauty. She had recommended many of her friends to sleep as much as they could to become as beautiful as her. Overflowing in the grandness of the beauty, she thought to own, Miranda added an introduction about her divine beauty in her beloved diary. But, in reality, she was not pretty and showed no sign of grand beauty.

"Dear Frooti,

Lemme tell you that I am the most beautiful and gorgeous person the world ever had. I own big bright eyes with square glasses glittering on them, thick and stunning lips, and a long nose that is truly adorable. My hairs are blonde and curly and my pony is simply amazing. My dazzling looks have killed several people and even animals too.

Last year, Heights Auditorium held a function named 'Miss Universe's First look' and I was not invited. That was an insult. I decided to break into the function. When I did, I saw the Miss Universe (the non-beauty in my opinion) was preparing for the performance. Without a look at me, she continued. Overwhelmed by rage, I slammed a stool on her head to kill her. However, she didn't die. She fainted in fact.

By soon, doing that, an announcement echoed 'Presenting the Miss Universe'. My heart was throbbing wildly. What to do now? I got panic, but instead doing anything stupid, I covered my face by a red shiny cloth and ran to the stage to give the audience a heartthrob.

When I stepped onto the stage, the audience was shouting, "Remove the scarf!" That was so exciting. And, slowly I did. The hall had utter silence. The heartbeats of audience could be heard. Finally, when I revealed myself, I grinned. The silence worsened. Sounds of heartbeats couldn't be heard. Everyone sat still. No applauses, no shouts. It was an insult. The spokesperson stood still too. I threw away the cloth and stormed away from the auditorium grinding metal nuts.