1.Meeting

Warning : foul language scattered throughout

────── » x « ──────

❝ You ready, little jinchuuriki?❞

────── » x « ──────

3 YEARS BEFORE

SECLUDED : the Village Hidden in the Ice was isolated from most of the neighboring villages , it was as the name informs, a village hidden in a wall of thick crystallized ice. There were very few shinobis that where allowed to enter and leave, like your father. He was stationed on the outside of the wall where he guarded the giant igloo you called home from bandits and neighboring mercenaries.

He was the breadwinner in the family, the hero, the good guy but he was never home. 'I'm working, I'm sorry, I'm busy, Ill be back, I promise.' Lies, that was all they were to you. You knew the truth, the reason why he didn't come home.

It's because he doesn't want to come back, you told yourself, it's because when he comes home he's going to see bottles of sake littering the floor of the compound. He's going to find his wife passed out in his bed with another man and he's going to come back to find his son smoking something new in the bathroom and then he's going to look at his daughter, you, and he's going to smile and all he'll say is,' I'll be back, I promise.'

"Sake?" The image of you asked, extending half an empty bottle of alcohol towards you. You stared at your Mother, at her hollow cheeks, at the dark circles that had formed over the years and the makeup that smudged her delicate features, giving her a hard edge.

She was the spitting image of you, if you had been trampled on by a parade of ninjas that is. You shook your head at her," no thanks," came your sour reply. She had given you sake one other time, when you were five and you could still feel the liquid burn on your throat as she laughed with her friends.

Next to her, her newest boyfriend sat perched at the kitchen table, one arm draped around your mother's shoulder and the other fiddling with a lighter. You recognized the man, he was a bodyguard for some loan shark that lurked the streets at night. Dirtbag, is what you thought of him as his gaze crawled up and down your body hungrily, like he was a beast and you were just prey, something to be devoured by men.

Men : you hated men and wondered if he ever tries to take advantage of you, would your mother stop him?

Probably not, you reached for the door, trying to make your grand escape from the hell you called home.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" She lazily asked, bringing the bottle to her dark red lips.

"Away from you and your street rat," you threw at her, slipping through the door and closing it shut behind you just as a bottle of liquor coming smashing against the opposite side of the door.