Ku'oko'a Ali'ikai Brown

She was older the next time he saw her, a lot older. It was accidental, really; he wasn't even supposed to be there, really. There had been an accident at headquarters and he was sent to the future so he was just taking a break from trying to make a vortex manipulator – though no one would ever know. So, he had just been walking around minding his own business – though he felt another Time Lord presence around – on the streets of London when he bumped into her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she looked up into his eyes and smiled, "Oh, I know those eyes."

Pretending not to know – he really didn't know – what she was talking about, he asked, "What do you mean?"

"All the times I've seen those eyes; sure, they've been different colors as well as sizes but they still hold the same mischief." She sighed, "But, I know that you don't really know me right now." Her smile brightened, "You probably shouldn't be here – paradoxes, you know – but, before you go," she kissed him on the lips before pulling back and smiling at him, "I thought it was about time I did that to one of you."

He smiled as he placed his hand over his lips and a blush crept up along his neck. Not sure what she meant by that, he smiled but promised himself that, the next time he saw her – and if she was of age – he would kiss her. He looked at her and shook his head, "So, I gather, I'm with you now?"

She giggled, "Yes; but, I can't tell you anything more than that." She shrugged, "Spoilers and all that."

He nodded his head, "I thought I felt something weird here."

She nodded her head and placed her hand on his temple, "The Time Lord essence." The twinkle in her eye pulled him in, "Just know that, no matter what you look like, I will always love you," and he nodded his head.

Before he left, he asked, "How old are you now?"

"Early twenties," she smiled, "but that's all you get." He laughed at her words as she scrunched up her nose – he thought she looked adorable, much different from when she was a little girl.

He had been in his third body at that time. He shook his head at his next meeting with her.

His ship had landed him in Kauai and he was rather irritated with her. She had landed rather bumpily and he was holding his head where he had bumped it on the console. Being on his own – even though it had only recently happened – was never a good idea. However, instead of letting his ship's motives get to him, he decided that he would go out and explore.

The moment he stepped out, he was hit with the smell of the ocean and smiled. The island really was beautiful and, just like that little girl said all those years ago in a bookshop in London, it was like stepping onto another planet. He walked along the beach until a young girl ran right into him.

She looked up and blushed, apologizing profusely for not paying attention. He recognized her immediately even though she was only a few years older than she was when he found her in her school after having followed her around all morning. She then mentioned playing a game with her friends who she then pointed out. They were all staring at the two of them as she turned back around to look up at him.

Once again she apologized and he bent down to her level with a smile on his face. "There is nothing for you to be sorry for; besides, it looks like you are having so much fun."

She nodded her head vigorously with a smile on her face, "Ae; ae!" He knew what that meant by the look in her eyes: 'Yes.' She looked down at her feet after her little outburst and he laughed.

"There is nothing for you to be ashamed of," he smiled at her as she looked up at him with hope. He directed her attention to her friends who were slowly walking over to the two of them, "Why don't you go on and play; you won't be this age forever." Without thinking, he kissed her forehead and, when he pulled away, he relaxed at the shy smile that played across her lips.