Time-And-Relative-Dimensions-In-Space

"...your eyes." She shook her head, "They remind me of someone," she tilted her head to the right a little, "or, rather, a few someone's."

"Anyway," she looked over at Donna, "you said that I'm in for a huge surprise." She looked over at him and asked, "She also mentioned that you have a huge part in it."

He smiled at her, "Oh yes!" He looked at Donna, "Has she convinced you to come along with us?"

"Told her that there's a mad man with a blue box who is absolutely ridiculous and as skinny as a rake," Donna smirked at him as he felt a light blush creep up his neck.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that," he looked over at Ally and she smiled, "you're not that skinny; and, besides, I like a good ole mystery." She and Donna scooted out of the booth and she smiled down at him, "Where is this blue box of yours?"

As he led them to his ship - they had parked it about four blocks from their current location in an alleyway - his mind went back to when he met her as his eighth self.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Not really paying too much attention to where he was going, he bumped into a warm body. When he looked down, he realized that he recognized her and took a step back.

He smiled at her, "Well, hello."

She nodded her head at him with a smile playing on her lips, "Hello." She looked around her and sighed, "I was hoping he would be here already."

"Is there anything I can be of assistance with?"

She shook her head, "Unfortunately, no; but," she looked back at him and smiled, "actually, would you mind helping me decide on a dress for a dance I've been invited to?" He seemed stunned to be asked such a question and was about to refuse when she shook her head, "You don't have to if you don't want to; it's just," she looked over at the goodwill store, "my friend said he'd be here - he's really good with fashion - but he hasn't shown up yet." She looked back over at him, "Would you mind helping me?"

Knowing that there was nothing he could deny her, he nodded his head and followed her into the store. He was surprised that she chose to shop at a goodwill store but he didn't think too much about it.

"Ah, Kitten; I was wondering when you'd show up."

She smiled at the woman behind the cash register, "Aloha, Mrs. Jameson."

The woman shook her head, "Still stuck on that, are you; I told you, it's Lily."

"Lily," she blushed as she said the woman's name. She shook her head, "Well, I'll be in the back if you need me."

She took his hand and pulled him along to the back of the store where the racks of clothes were. She looked up at him and smiled, "She's my boss; I work here when I'm in town. It's really the only goodwill store on the island."

He smiled at her, "I didn't say anything."

"Yes, that's true; but, eventually, everyone wants to know why I work here." She shrugged, "My wahine makua used to work here before she married my brother and I took over her hours as they needed the help and I haven't left yet."

"How long ago was that?"

"Almost three years ago; I was fourteen then."

"So that would make you seventeen now," he was slightly surprised by her age but accepted it.

"Yes, I am; and I just got invited to my first ever high school dance - Prom. I don't really have the money to buy something from a designer store or even the mall and, even if I did, the dresses here are beautiful." He glanced over at the racks and noticed the intricate designs laced in them and the subtle shades and felt himself agreeing with her. "So, do you think you can help me pick one?"

He looked at her with a smile, "I'll definitely have fun trying."

"Good," she smiled up at him and got to work narrowing down the options.

As they went through the dresses, he started to realize that she was different from most girls. Though she had good taste, the dresses were very unique and he couldn't see any other teenager choosing one of these outfits. She was different because she didn't take anything for granted and she accepted everyone. He had always known it; but, watching her now as she sifted through the dresses, tried them on, and decided, he was starting to understand the depth of his feelings for her.

No matter what he did - past, present, or future - he knew that she would accept him because that's who she was. She was independent, compassionate, accepting, understanding, willing, and beautiful. He was sure he was leaving other adjectives out but it didn't really matter. He was way beyond screwed; he was already in too deep.