Forever Dead ::21:: Face to Face

Start from the beginning

“But I found out something more important. All witches are born with twins, this I knew, but I didn’t think about the fact that my mother was a twin.”

“That’s right! She would have a twin.” Lucia commented.

“And I had this dream or vision of a woman talking to me. I couldn’t see her, it was too dark. But she said I couldn’t come to her because I didn’t belong there. Do you think it was my mothers twin? My Aunt?”

“It could be. Witches have so many different tricks up their sleeves. She could have projected herself into your dreams.”

“But could it have been my dead mother?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Anything is possible when it concerns magic.”

“But that’s not the worst of it. Quinn told me something else. All witches are born with twins; one evil and one good.” Lucia sat stunned for a moment.

“So, your sister…. she’s the evil one right?” Lucia asked.

“Considering she’s murdered numerous people for no reason, yes.” I paced the floor, my hands clasped tightly behind my back. I felt a cool chill run down my spine at the thought of her.

“I can’t even comprehend all this.” Lucia said.

“Join the club. My life went from one drama to a thousand more overnight.” I brushed back my hair from my face and moaned.

“I need to sleep. Maybe I’ll get another visit from whoever that woman was.”  I made a move to the stairs when I felt Lucia pull me back into a hug.

“Audrina you are so brave. I couldn’t imagine what I would do in your situation.”

“Thanks Lucia.” I hugged her tightly, missing the feeling of being loved. Macy and I had moments like these everyday, and now I barely know who she was anymore.

“Okay go get some rest, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She patted my shoulder and I smiled in response, taking the steps two at a time.

Nicholai’s words rang through my mind as I brushed my teeth and hair.

“Lets pretend we’re strangers.” He had said. It made me think. What if I had met Nicholai under normal circumstances? What if he were human? I probably would have jumped his bones on the first date. I thought about everything he did.

My hands subconsciencly went to my back, remembering the sting of his belt. Was it so long ago that that happened? Was it enough time for someone to change?

I’ve changed. I noted the way my arms were more muscular from all the contests we have been doing. I also saw the difference in my eyes. They were no longer normal eyes. Ones that were used to school everyday and track practice. No, these were the eyes of someone older. Someone who saw more than they wanted to.

I pulled my hair into a top bun and turned off the light, making sure to walk to my bed quietly since 6 was asleep.

“Tomorrow.” I whispered as I shut my eyes. Tomorrow would be different.

()()

“10! Wake up!” I heard someone scream in my ear.

“What the hell 6?” I mumbled sitting up and rubbing my eyes. No dreams last night. At least none I could remember.

“Sorry, this came for you.” She handed me an envelope with my number printed on it.

“Please take the next hour to get ready for the day. Dress casual. Nicholai.” I read aloud.

“Ohh, someone has a special date with the Prince. And before our judgment tonight, maybe you won the contest?” I smiled and rolled my eyes. Oh yeah, I totally won that one. Threatening a little girl and then making her relive her sister’s death. Totally parent of the year.