Chapter Twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

There are three things that are taken seriously even when said in jest: marriage, divorce and revocation (of divorce). This is a hadith.

Imagine waking up to someone's face every other day of your life, imagine having to be intimate with that person, imagine getting pregnant for that person and actually bearing his kids, imagine having to obey that person and live under his roof, under his strict rules and instructions for the rest of your life, and yet again, imagine that you never in the first place loved that person. Of course you will never be happy, for the rest of your life. This cases are mostly in the instance of women. Indeed, women are mostly at the receiving end in marriages. Yet again, that is why it shouldn't be rushed. Better to be late, than jump into a marriage minus love. As Abba always say, whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well.

Qudsiyya deserves to be happy, she deserves a good man, she deserves nothing but a happy life. Growing up without a father really affected her even though she tried as much as she could to not let people see through her fears. At first she was repulsive towards the men that came to seek for her hand, later on when the proposals kept coming, she decided to loosen up a bit, but then the men didn't want to marry her again when they learn about her father. It wasn't that her father had a bad record or was a criminal, it was just that he had been absent since before her birth. How more shallow could people's thinking be. Well people with such shallow mind didn't deserve her, she's too precious for their kind. She definitely deserves better.

***

I entered the room with a salaam and was met with the most beautiful creature ever. She looked breathtakingly beautiful. She was so Masha Allah, she made me go In shaa Allah.

I was carried away taking in her appearance when she replied my salaam

I walked deeper into the room and sat beside her on the bed for a while before I spoke "How are you"

"I'm fine" she replied in a whisper.

"I took the tray of food that was kept beside me and kept it in front of her "You should eat something"

She shook her head and said "I have eaten"

"Are you sure" she nodded in reply

"Okay then, drink some fresh milk" I passed a cup of fresh milk to her, which she took from me and drank a little. I could tell she was nervous, to some extent, I was too.

I cleared my throat and began to talk "welcome to my humble abode Khairi, and also, welcome to my life. I won't promise to give you heaven and earth Khairi, but I promise to take care of you to the best of my abilities. Food, clothing, shelter would all not be a problem In Sha Allah. I will try as much as possible to be emotionally there for you always. You will be happy in my house In Sha Allah" I stopped to catch my breath then continued "Do you promise to be my queen and mother to all my kids Ummulkhair" I asked