To Forget The Past: I

To Forget The Past

Started: April 12th, 2017
Finished: February 19th, 2018

  Throwing the black bag over my shoulder, turning around, I quickly noticed how much my friend talked.

  "There's this party this weekend; Reese's place. His parents left for the week so he has his huge house all by himself, so that's why he wanted the party, also since, you know, schools over so it's sort of an 'end of the year party'. It's this Saturday. It's gonna be super hot, like, in the 90s! So, you're definitely gonna be getting out your swimsuit to go swimming in the pool in his house. Oh, also-"

  I cut her off, putting a hand on her shoulder, turning toward her. "Okay, okay, okay Liz, calm down. Did you eat ice cream for breakfast again? And why would you think I'd even want to go to Reese's party?"

  She smiled brightly at me, pushing her black hair over her shoulder, though it only reached down to her armpits and wasn't much to push over. "Yes, and it was delicious." I rolled my eyes, letting out a soft chuckle.

Only Liz would eat ice cream for breakfast.

  "Also, why wouldn't you want to go? It's Reese! Plus, who doesn't want to go to a party in a mansion?!"

  "Um, me?" Liz gently shoved her shoulder right below my ribcage. Yeah, that's right. Below my ribcage. She was 5'2, while me being the giant that I am—out of the people I know at least—5'11. That's one of the many things I loved about our friendship; I could easily throw her over my shoulder and she couldn't do anything about it.

  "Well, you're...you." I could tell her joking tone, but I threw her a playful glare, causing her to laugh, I just rolled my eyes and we continued walking down the crowded hallway of our shitty high-school.

  Pushing our way through the glass doors, leading out to the school's field, Liz started up again talking about the party.

  "I was thinking about wearing a light blue dress that stopped near the top of my knees, matching with a pair of simple, black high heels. And you, you could wear a cute black dres-"

"No, no, no. I'm not wearing a dress, you know how I feel about-" I started, sharply being cut off. "Yes, yes you are. I know you hate dresses but you look so cute-"

  "No, " I was not going to wear a dress. "and don't call me 'cute'" I wrinkled my nose like I was smelling something gross. Being called 'cute' is just...no.

  "Yes, you're goi-"

  "Nope," I stated, popping the p.

  "Everest..." Liz gave me a warning look while we walked over to the soccer goals, where few people were; everyone being so desperate to leave school, not many people wanted to stay here for even a couple extra minutes.

  I sighed loudly "Well, too bad I'll be gone that day..." I dragged out, not really wanting to talk about it. Liz likes to know everything, and when I say everything, I mean it. She literally kept bugging me about if I had a crush on Aaron for a year before I finally gave in.

  Liz glared at me while I threw my bag by the goal after taking out the soccer ball from it and setting down my Canon Camera. Getting the feel of the ball, I dribbled it a bit. "And why won't you be here?" She asked suspiciously, raising one eyebrow.