Peridot x Gem!Reader

Comincia dall'inizio

She looked of the utmost important gem there had ever been, slightly less sophisticated than aristocratic Sapphire but important all the same.

Peridot's eyes widened in disbelieve as she turned to look at Garnet, "You said (y/n) would come back." Peridot began, "You didn't say when!"

Garnet shrugged her shoulders, "Time isn't a manipulative thing Peridot." The gem eyed (y/n) curiously, "But I suggest you go speak with her.

Peridot nodded before darting out of the barn, immediately grabbing her old friend's attention.

A destabiliser was summonsed to hand and pointed directly at Peridot's gem, inches away from being poofed.

Peridot raised her hands up in surrender, breathing a sigh of relief as the weapon was put away.

"Who are you?" (Y/n) had asked, authority in her voice.

"P-puh, Peridot Facet 5-"

"WAIT." (Y/n) cut the gem off, squinting in inspection. "Peridot?!" Peridot nodded her head.

"Yeah! It's me! Peri! (Y/n) you're actually here on Earth!" (Y/n) took a step back.

"You-you're limb enhancers... they're gone!"

"Well the Crystal Gems-"

"Crystal Gems?! Have they held you captive?" (Y/n) asked in alarm.

"Well, they DID, but then it wasn't like that anymore!" (Y/n) opened her mouth, a hand playing with the gem embedded within her palm.

"What are you talking about?" (Y/n) began, shaking her head as she registered what she had said. "Never mind- we have to hurry! This planet is going to rip in two and Yellow Diamond has ordered your return immediately!"

Peridot trembled. "Go back? To Homeworld?" The idea sounded absurd.

"Yes! Yes we must hurry!" (Y/n) made an attempt to reach for Peridot's hand who pulled away quickly.

(Y/n)'s eyes shrunk as she noted Peridot's actions, shaking her head in disbelief. The Crystal Gems had taken her but it wasn't like that anymore... she gasped. "Peri- please, PLEASE don't tell me you want to stay." She bit her lip, "PLEASE don't."

"I-I'm sorry (y/n)...I just-"

"You're a traitor!" (Y/n) spat, angry and hurt, "You're a Crystal Gem! Aren't you?!" She glared daggers into the green gem accusingly.

"W-what? N-no!" Peridot stammered, "I-I just need to um." Peridot looked between (y/n) and the Crystal Gems guiltily, Steven's face portraying worry as if to tell Peridot not to go.

"To what." (Y/n) glared. Peridot sighed half heartedly.

"To say goodbye." (Y/n) nodded stoically before following her friend to where the Crystal Gems were hidden.

"Peridot please don't go- after all of this time and stopping the cluster-" (y/n)'s eyes widened.

"The cluster is terminated?" Her voice was a whisper. "But how? But why?"

Peridot bit her lip. "It doesn't matter." She looked at Garnet and nodded. "I'll be taking my leave."

"You can't be serious." Pearl stated, looking at (y/n).

"Very well, good luck with your future Peridot." Garnet nodded.

"Woah G- what are you saying?!" Amethyst blurted out.

"Peridot can go, the cluster won't hurt the earth now and so her mission is complete."

"Y-you horrible gem." Lapis mumbled darkly.

"Lapis I-"

"I don't want to hear it." Lapis spat at (y/n), "Hurry up and take her already." Lapis glared.

(Y/n) bit her lip. "We must find Jasper before we leave."

"We actually don't say the J word-"

"Save your breath Peridot." Lapis said, a hand running through her hair, "I KNEW I shouldn't have trusted you!"

"Lapis-"

"SHUT UP!"

Everyone was silent as tears fell down both Lapis and Peridot's eyes. Peridot clenched at her body suit before biting her lip.

"The gem you speak off is corrupt- she can't come back." Peridot said.

"Corrupt? A warrior like that? That's a surprise." (Y/n) said, looking over at the ship she arrived in.

Peridot nodded silently before looking at Garnet uncertainly, winking carefully. The others caught on and Lapis froze, gritting her teeth as she realised Peridot's intentions.

"I- I know, it's devastating." Peridot said, eyeing Lapis. (Y/n) pursed her lips in thought before responding.

"It is, but what can you do... I-I'll be writing a report to the diamonds of a shattered case."

"But she wasn't shattered." Steven pointed out, frowning slightly.

"And neither was I- but Yellow Diamond doesn't need to know that." (Y/n) waved a hand as the ship she arrived in began to flicker and light up.

"TAKE COVER!" Garnet yelled suddenly, scooping the Gems bellow her into a protective embrace, shielding the group from an explosion of ship parts.

"What on Earth?!" Pearl exclaimed, eyeing the damage that has been made.

"(Y/n)... your ship." Peridot said, smiling slightly, knowing fully well her plan had worked.

"I... I know that you set this up." (Y/n) began, "I know you were trying to make it all dramatic so I'd feel sorry for you and let you stay."

Peridots jaw dropped in surprise as (y/n) sighed, closing her eyes lightly. She opened them again, eyeing her best friend.

"I love you Peridot, and as much as I'd love for you to come back home with me... Homeworld isn't your home. Your home is here... on Earth. And your friends are more important."

"You love me?"

Everyone's eyes widened. "You-you're willing to let everything go just for Peridot?" Lapis asked stunned.

"But what about you? You've lost your own home because of me!" Peridot cried out exasperatedly.

(Y/n) shook her head. "Homeworld wasn't my home- you were. And now that I'm here with you... cheesy as it sounds, I don't care."

Peridot stared in surprise and shock, uncertain of what to say. "Wow." She finally began, looking up at (y/n) appreciatively before hugging the Gem tightly. "Thanks."