Ali vs Quarto

Something was going wrong with the IRIS agent. His pupils had shrunken twice the size. The lights flickered, and all went dark. Quarto was starting to panic now, surely it can't be a power failure, in a MATA safe house? His heart hammered wildly in his chest. He slashed his metal claws uselessly around him, hoping that it would get the IRIS agent away if he did try to get him in the dark. But not a second or two later, it had came back on, but the IRIS agent was gone.  

Quarto turned to scan the room, but something caught him around the waist, a thin but strong material, and had flung him against the wall. It released him, and he tried opening his eyes to see what was it. But a yoyo flew into his view and he was blasted aside again. The blast was even more painful than those before, as if they had just hit his weak spots...

He carelessly got onto his feet, wincing a little, for his leg seemed to have sustained damage. The IRIS agent was glaring at him, but there was something different about him. His glasses, IRIS was glowing brightly white, but it did not seem to hurt his vision. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were straight, as if he was analysing something.

"That's all you got?" Quarto said, getting into a weak fighting stance.

Zooming in his fastest speed, he lashed out his metal claws at the agent. But he moved to his left, and he missed. He tried again, but missed again. What is wrong with him??

"So you wanna play huh..."

But the IRIS agent stood with the same facial expression as before. Was he even listening?!

Quarto slowly took a dart from the strap that ran across his chest, observing the moves of the IRIS agent at the mean time, waited for the right moment and flung it.

It travelled smoothly through the air, and the small bullet-like thing sprouted a point at its tip and two metallic wings to speed up its speed, reaching its target in full speed.

But the IRIS agent thought better. 

He jumped over the mini-arrow with a great leap. Quarto clenched his fists. How is he able to dodge every attack he threw at him now? He reached to grab another mini-arrow but something caught his arm. 

A MATA robot, its cold, metallic fingers gripping tightly around Quarto's wrist, gave him an almighty punch with its other hand. Quarto stumbled with the impact, and tripped over the holographic platform. The robot's forearm opened up to reveal laser guns that shot at Quarto non-stop. The IRIS agent only stood at where he was left, watching with a straight face.

Quarto quickly jumped on his feet, regretting it for the second time because the pain was like a sword piercing through his leg, and ran across the room. Though which ever way he ran, he was unable to reach the IRIS agent. He randomly took a mini-arrow and threw it at the robot.

The mini-arrow pierced the robot. It stammered, made some sort of dance move, and fell to the ground, electrocuted. Quarto made to move again, but the IRIS agent was gone.

A blast of wind knocked him frontwards, and he dropped. And another came, and another. It came raining down at him, until he was against the wall, and the force of the wind banging him against it.

It hurt very badly. His head banged the metal over and over, and the IRIS agent had no mercy over his face as he kept on throwing his yoyo repetitively at him.

With a blow very near his face, Quarto's sunglasses was blew aside. The IRIS agent stopped half-way throwing his yoyo.

Quarto knew this was not safe. His identity was revealed. He reached out for his sunglasses, but the IRIS agent had thrown the yoyo and it blasted the sunglasses across the room.

Just then, Dos and Trez has entered the Control Room. They looked from Quarto, to the IRIS agent who stared at them quite emotionlessly, but something told him he was angered.

"Quick. We have to go, now." Dos commanded.

Quarto nodded, and quickly ran towards Dos and Trez. The IRIS agent saw him moving, and threw his yoyo at the space between Quarto and Dos and Trez. Quarto was knocked off his feet, and tried getting up. The IRIS agent towered over him, and Quarto stared back up at him.

A word escaped from the IRIS agent's lips, "Traitor."

The scene flashed purple. Quarto and the IRIS agent were both blinded. But even though blinded, Quarto followed his mind's map on where the exit to the Control Room was, and surprisingly found his way. Dos and Trez ran along with him to the exit of the safe house before the IRIS agent got up. Just when the doors the lift opened to welcome them in, the IRIS agent was back and was about to throw his yoyo at them when-

"Ali, stop!" Alicia yelled, grabbing him around his armpits. "They've got to go, leave them!"

But Ali struggled still. Why won't he just stop it? They had already gone.

"Traitor." Ali said emotionlessly. "Traitor!"

At last after what seemed to be a minute, Ali relaxed and, hoping that she made the right choice, Alicia released him. Ali didn't collapse, but he simply stood there, staring at the exit of the safe house, where Dos, Trez and Quarto were last. 

"Are you OK?" Alicia asked. Ali didn't respond.

"Are you OK?" Alicia repeated boldly. But still she got no reply.

The entrance of the safe house opened, Ali momentarily prepared his yoyo, but it was only Bakar, Ali's uncle, who seemed very worried.

"Ali! Alicia!" he panted, running over to them. "So glad you're safe. I was very worried."

"The enemy escaped." Alicia said.

"Oh."

Both of them looked over at Ali, who didn't say anything.

"Do you know what's gotten into him?" Alicia said out loud, hoping that it would offend him to speak.

"I dunno..." Bakar murmured thoughtfully, waving his hand in front of Ali's face, but he didn't even react to that. Bakar knew him too well that he would be saying in a tired voice, "Uncle..." if he does that. Something was definitely wrong.

"Can someone help me out here?" came Sapphire's voice. 

"Sapphire!" Alicia exclaimed, almost forgetting about her. 

She left Bakar to look after Ali as she found a blade to open up the ropes tying Sapphire. Groaning, Sapphire held her head in her hands as she sat up. Her blue eyes stared into Alicia's brown eyes, and she could see worry flooding her mellow eyes.

"What happened?" 

"Dos, Trez and Quarto got away." Alicia helped her to her feet, but she regained her balance back in no time. She trudged to the holographic platform, where a tablet was placed. She picked it up, observing it. 

"Where's Ali?" she questioned, realising that Ali wasn't here. There she goes worrying again.

"He's in the hallway." Something came to her mind. Since Sapphire is a Tekno agent, she might be able to help out what was going on with Ali. "Can you come with me?"

"Hm?" 

Once the walls slid open to let them in the hallway, Sapphire dropped her tablet, and let out a sharp gasp. 

"Hey, Sapphire!" Bakar greeted happily. "Nice to see you again."

"What happened to Ali?" she said in a high-pitched voice, which was very unlikely of her, and ran over to check on Ali, who stayed stationary. 

"Uhh..." Bakar looked over at Alicia helplessly. 

Alicia gritted her teeth. This must be something bad, but she told the truth however. "He got cornered by Quarto."

Sapphire shook her head, frowning. "The General's gonna be so mad about this."