Dos, Trez and Quarto

Four days later, Ali and Alicia were on their day off, hanging in the cafeteria. Friday was the only day off they received for the week, the others they were forced to do duty for the entire break time. Both their phones rang suddenly, at the same time. They put down their food, though knowing what it was, they looked at it. 

Again, the blue symbol of MATA filled the whole screen, and Ali and Alicia got up at once. 

"We'll take the front stairs," Alicia commanded.

"But- the back stairs is the closest."

"Ali, how many years have you been in this school? Teachers are usually patrolling the back stairs than the front. The front would be safer."

Ali groaned as he followed behind Alicia, who walked with the air of authority. 

They reached the end of the hallway where the entrance to MATA's safe house was located. In front of the stairs stood a girl prefect, who was obviously in no better position to argue with Alicia, the Head of Prefect.

"You're not supposed to be here." Alicia said strictly. Ali knew it was a lie, but she sounded very convincing that the girl, Jasmine, has stood by at the wrong place.

"B-but," Jasmine spluttered, her blue eyes widening after being talked to like that. "Head Prefect, the schedule says that I was supposed to be here-"

"You may have read the wrong schedule then." She crossed her arms, her brown eyes narrowing. 

"I-I'll go and check."

And she trailed off, her head put down low, probably to hide a really weird expression.

"You're awesome sometimes, ya kno." Ali complimented, giving her a thumbs up.

"I'm the Head Prefect anyways," she said dismissively, stepping into the lift. 

Both of them walked to the Control Room in silence. It always seem like the hallway was filled with some sort of tension that made him not want to say a word to anybody here. The metal clanked under their feet, the cold air seeping through their nostrils. The air conditioning here was quite good too, it was not too cold and not too hot either, just perfect. 

They had reached the Control Room before he know it, and the two blue walls slid open to reveal-

"Umph!" 

Next thing he knew, he was lying down on the cold metal floor. There was a searing pain in his stomach. Blurred shapes were moving about, and one of them was big, and they were heading for him. He was being picked up and thrown to the other side of the room, his back hitting the wall, adding up to the pain in his stomach. Pain. Everything was painful.

He heard a girl's grunt and several blasts ahead of him. He tried looking up to see what was going on. Alicia, her yellow uniform distinguishable with the other blurred figures, was using her blastique to stun a woman in a tight black suit. The woman dodged easily, though, and grabbed two small sticks from her hair and was trying to pierce it at Alicia. 

Alicia's in danger.

His consciousness suddenly returned to him. He gasped, the pain on his body had increased rapidly, but he tried fighting it. He couldn't leave Alicia alone.

"Ali!" said a voice. It wasn't Alicia's, but it was Sapphire's.

The Tekno agent was tied up in ropes that were held together so stiffly that all she could do was wriggle. Quarto stood beside her, a smirk playing on his face, his legs in a stance that told Ali he was about to come to him. 

Ali threw his yoyo downwards, giving him an extra boost to jump over Quarto's head. He bet he didn't see that coming. Annoyed, Quarto reached to something on his front, a small bullet-like thing, which he was about to throw at Ali.

But before he even release it, IRIS told Ali that it was those mini-arrows which he owns, and it would expand once it's near its target, and that he must evade it or else he would be tranquilized. Ali activated his yoyo shield and the mini-arrow was flung back at Quarto. 

Quarto had only managed to duck as it nearly reached him. He let out a sigh of relief, but was shocked when he saw a yoyo coming for him. 

A blast of wind threw him backwards, and he hit the wall, and crumpled down. Ali was grinning his victory but didn't have much time as a pair of large hands came down to grab him. He ducked, and threw his yoyo at Trez, which made him stagger backwards. But he didn't let him go that easily. 

He flung his yoyo and its rope secured around Trez's leg, then he started spinning on the spot, holding the yoyo's rope tight in his hands. Trez was forced to be spun in a large circle, screaming in his deep voice, longing for it to stop. 

After a few spins, Ali was getting dizzy too. He needed to release Trez sooner or later. He saw Alicia fighting Dos as a blurred shape, and let go of Trez when he came another round at them. Alicia noticed this, and jumped aside as Trez smashed into Dos, putting her under his weight. 

"I'm gonna go release Sapphire." Ali said, and Alicia nodded her approval, aiming her blastique at Dos and Trez in case they get up.

Ali hurried over to the Control Room and searched for something sharp to pierce the ropes. 

"Ali, Ali," Sapphire called, as Ali searched every inch of the room. "Go to the drawer under that table, there's a laser there."

He looked over his shoulder to see where Sapphire meant, and ran over there hurriedly, pulling open every drawer that came nearest to his hand first. And it was true, in one of them, was a silver laser pen. 

"I got it-!" 

He gasped. Quarto was holding a knife against Sapphire's throat, and Sapphire was doing her best to stay still.

"Drop the laser." Quarto ordered, pushing the knife ever closer to Sapphire. 

Ali thought for a moment. Not that he liked to be told what to do, but he dropped the laser pen to the ground, where it dropped with a clank

"Your yoyo too." 

"Oh, this?" he said daringly, taking out his yoyo from his back, and spinning it. "I don't think so."

Though he wore sunglasses, Ali could imagine Quarto narrowing his eyes. His yoyo beeped and he threw it at Quarto. 

But Quarto was smart. He put Sapphire in front of him and she got the hit instead. 

"Oh no!" Ali exclaimed.

Quarto didn't bother about Sapphire anymore. He dropped her unconscious body to the ground, smirking once more. 

Ali backed away slowly. "Alicia..."

No answer came. He repeated, with more worry this time. "Alicia, I need help now..."

Quarto chuckled. "She's out cold, if you didn't noticed. You might wanna check out on her later. That is, if you come out unharmed."

He can't believe it. Alicia was done, Sapphire was unconscious, Dos and Trez would probably be getting up anytime now. He needed to activate Override mode, but suddenly he had forgotten how. Quarto edged to a threatening distance to him, activating his metal claws at the mean time, and Ali has nowhere to back to against anymore, he had reached the wall. He had nowhere to run.

"Let's end this quick, shall we?" 

He couldn't believe it. He needed help...right now...anything, anybody...