Chapter 46: Disbelief

Start from the beginning

She was able to keep her composure until she reached home, she felt tears leaking from her eyes when she opened the door and by the time she reached the kitchen she had completely broken down. She still couldn't believe what she had seen and every time she thought about Seb he was kissing that girl again. Not only did she feel bad for herself, but the same for the girl, because she was practically in the same boat. She wasn't angry with the girl, maybe she would be if she was in on it, but she probably wasn't. Damn it, it had all been too good to be true, she should have seen this coming really. She had thought Seb was perfect, as he was the complete opposite of David, but now it seemed he was more like him that she had thought.

Still sobbing she flopped down on the sofa, her hunger had completely disappeared as a sinking feeling had taken over her stomach. The only thing she could think of to do right now was calling Abby. She would understand and even if she didn't, it would be nice to hear someone else's voice as she had no one here in Switzerland. Yes, of course she had Seb, but she didn't want any more to do with him except from work related stuff. Maybe it was time to start looking at houses in England again, especially when she had to be in the factory so often. She had stayed here in Switzerland because of Seb, but there was no more reason to stay now.

'Hey Keir, what's up?' Abby sounded cheerful when she answered Keira's call.

Hearing the voice of her best friend made her burst out in tears again, it confirmed how much she missed having a friend around to hug her and tell her everything was going to be alright.

'Keir, what's going on?' Abby said being alarmed by Keira's outburst. 'Tell me what's wrong.'

She couldn't bring herself to tell Abby, she was still not able to stop crying and it felt like her throat had been closed off.

'Keir, please, tell me. Has David done something? Should I call the police?' Abby sounded more alarmed by the second.

'No, it's not David,' Keira was able to explain, albeit it interrupted by several sobs.

'Then what is it, are you fired or something?'

That could be the next step, Keira thought. 'No, not yet at least,' she said very timidly.

'Has it something to do with Seb?' Abby asked, running out of options of what it could be.

Hearing Abby say his name resulted in another round of tears and she was now physically hurting. It hurt so much, she had thought she could trust him and he had promised her that he would never hide something again. Of course she shouldn't have believed that, because if he was able to do it the first time, why wouldn't he do it another time?

'Alright, what has Seb done to you? Has he hurt you?' Abby had interpreted the tears correctly. 'Damn it, I really liked Seb, I thought he was never going to make you feel this way,' she added with a sigh.

'He has, he has-,' Keira began, but it took too much effort to continue.

'You can tell me, you can trust me,' Abby said in a soft voice, 'you know that right?'

'He has someone else,' Keira was just able to get that over her lips and when she had done that she went back to crying. She didn't know how much tears she was able to produce, but they were still coming.

'Oh Keir,' Abby said sympathetically and she sighed. 'I thought he really liked you.'

'He doesn't,' Keira said and she threw one of the cushions through the room as a sign of frustration.

'It was so obvious that you liked each other, I don't understand. I never believed you when you said you were just friends, although you didn't want to admit that. I'm glad to at least know that you're being honest with yourself,' Abby said softly.