Chapter 17: Goodbye Astral, Black Mist

The two raced to the exit of the foreign lab to look for John. They looked everywhere, but he was nowhere in sight.

"This is hopeless," Astral complained, getting frustrated. Because of that, a small aura of red fire with a little bit of static flashing across covered his body.

"Astral, calm down," Black Mist hissed. "We'll find Dad. Just be patient and use that strategic thinking."

"Right." Astral sighed and thought for a while.

This is a large complex, so we must look in the most possible places. Maybe in the main lab? Possibly...

"I do not have a good idea of where," Astral reported.

"Well, I'll just have to sense him out." Black Mist closed his eyes. "He's in...the main lab being held hostage."

"That is exactly what my first guess was."

"Then let's go!"

The twins rushed down the hall and looked for the main lab. They made sure that they weren't seen and that they weren't being followed.

"He's just up ahead," Black Mist informed. "I can sense him."

Astral nodded and followed his brother until they burst through the doors.

"Freeze!" a voice from within shouted.

Astral and Black Mist froze, glaring at everyone in defiance, daring them to attack.

"Boys, get out of here," John warned. "Get to Sarah."

Astral shook his head. "No, Father. We will not go," he said in defiance. "We will not let you stay here as well."

John sighed. "It's dangerous here. You two should leave before something bad happens."

"Thing is," Black Mist started in his sassy tone, "we're not gonna obey this time." He summoned his tentacles and grinned. "I was made for this moment!"

Astral zipped up to one of the black-suited men and placed his hands on the man's head, sending the very electricity that became his weapon into his brain.

The man didn't have time to react, and he fell down dead. Astral smiled in satisfaction.

"This actually helps," Astral commented.

Then, a voice shouted, "If you keep going, the doctor dies!"

Astral and Black Mist turned to see one man in white pointing a gun to John's head.

This set the trigger for Astral's rage. The moment he saw John was in danger, fire poured out of his entire body, catching on the equipment, which weren't fire resistant. A huge explosion boomed in the room, and fire consumed the whole place.

Fire everywhere...pain, sorrow, fear...death...blood everywhere...the men in black...Everyone started panicking, but not the men in black.

John took that chance to go to Astral and Black Mist. "Hurry, get out of here!" he shouted.

"No," Black Mist said. "We can't just leave."

"What are you going to do?" John asked.

"Make them pay," Astral growled. "I can never forgive them! Why can't they just let us live peacefully? It makes no sense to me."

"Ditto," Black Mist agreed. "They need to pay."

John smiled. "I knew that putting that battle spirit in you two was going to get you in this situation." He chuckled.

Astral smiled. "Does that mean we don't have to go right now?"

"Yeah."

Black Mist grinned, his tentacles squirming like worms. "Alright. This is gonna be fun!"