Chapter 8: Going home

Astral woke up back in his tube, curled up in a loose ball like that first day. He uncurled his body and saw his father. John had his back to Astral, so he couldn't see that his son was awake. Astral tapped the glass, and John looked over. He smiled and drained the liquid, followed by the glass falling.

"How are you feeling?" John asked with worry.

"Stiff, sore, and quite tired," Astral answered.

John laughed a short laugh. "Astral, I'm moving you to my home now." He showed him a mask. "Wear this because you're still not used to the atmosphere, got it? For you, the air might kill you."

Astral nodded. "Are we going right now?" he asked excitedly.

"Yes." John placed the mask over Astral's mouth. "Let's go."

John led Astral through the dark lab. It was night, and all the others had already gone home. Astral looked around his former home one last time, and he was out the door with his father.

The cool night breeze was like a slap in the face. Astral remained in one place, looking around the outside with wonder.

"This is how it feels?" Astral asked through his mask.

"Yes it is," John said, turning his car on. He opened the door. "Come on. Get in."

"What is this?" Astral asked while climbing into the car.

"This is a car, Astral," John explained. "This lets us move around to far away places with ease." John started the engine, and he drove off in the direction of his house.

Astral watched the world speed by, and he wondered how the world moved so fast. He stared out of the window until they arrived at the house. John opened the door for Astral.

"Alright, let's go." John and Astral walked to the house, and John unlocked the door. "Sarah, we're home," he called.

A black version of Astral appeared. "She's sleeping, Dad," he said. Then, he spotted Astral.

They both eyed each other curiously.

"What's your name?" the black being asked.

"Astral," Astral answered. "What about you?"

"Black Mist."

The two then looked at each other up and down and circled around. Then, Black Mist threw a punch, which Astral blocked immediately. Astral threw Black Mist to the floor, and Black Mist immediately got up. He smiled.

"I like him, Dad."

Astral looked up at John. "Is he the surprise?"

John nodded. "Now, neither of you will get lonely."

Astral smiled and looked back to Black Mist. "Father says that we're twins."

"So he told me." Black Mist grinned back.

"Well, it's time to sleep," John said. "Here, I'll show you to your room."

"I'll do it!" Black Mist volunteered. He grabbed Astral's hand and led him to their room. "Dad says we're gonna share this room."

Astral looked inside the room. Going from one side to the other, it looked like two sides of a typical person. Evil and good. There were two beds, desks, and chairs. The only difference was that one side had posters with metal bands. The left side was dark, and it looked like the evil side of that person. It had black and red paint with a black bed. The posters were on that dark side. They showed pictures of bands with masks and make up. The words said "Black Veil Brides," "Skipknot," "Disturbed," "Pierce The Veil," "Ghost Town," "Skillet," "Flyleaf," and "Evanescence." The desk was blood-red with a black chair. The right side was the complete opposite. The paint was a light blue with a white bed. The desk was light blue with a white chair. The walls were empty.

"This is where we will sleep?" Astral asked, looking around at the room.

"Yeah." Black Mist flopped on his black bed. "Dad showed me these bands." He gestured at the posters. "They're awesome! I found these posters lying around outside. Someone was going to throw these away. Of course, I crept out ay night. I should show you their music some time."

Astral floated over to his part of the room. "This entire room looks like a mirror reflection. Who made this room?"

"Dad and his friend made this. He told me. Impressive, huh?" Black Mist pulled the blanket over his body. "Well, goodnight, Astral." He closed his eyes, and his breathing got steady.

"Goodnight." Astral closed the door, crawled in bed, pulled the covers over his body, and fell asleep.