Chapter 18

Hey! How do you like the cover of the book? I drew it myself from a scene in Titanic. Also, this might be the last few chapters for this book. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sage’s POV

I walked towards the station with guns. Just because I was Luna, doesn’t mean I had to stay in the house being protected while others risk their lives. I could see Damon from afar talking to one of the men while his eyes stare at me. Staring at my actions. His eyes bulge out when he saw me grabbing an M60E3 light machine gun. Now this is definitely made for me. I tested it on my arm for a moment. I could feel Damon’s eyes still on me. Waiting. Waiting for me to put it back down on the table and walk away. Hah! In your dreams. I wasn’t going to enjoy a cup of coffee while people were out there in a war. I grab the bullets set beside it and walk away. As I walk through the crowd, people started to stare at me. I knew what they were thinking. I was reaching the back door of Damon’s house when someone grab my arm. I turn my head, whipping the person’s face. I came face to face with Damon. He was looking hard at me. His grip tighten around my arm.

“What do you think you’re doing?” he asked.

The anger in his voice was clear.

“Um..going to the house..?” I tried playing dumb.

“You know what I mean. What are you doing with that machine gun?” he pulled me closer.

“I’m going to that war whether you like it or not! I have a right! I can’t let people just risk their lives for me while I sit at home!” I shouted.

I didn’t like it. I didn’t like it one bit. He can’t control me! I have a right! I knew that they were all worried about me, especially Damon but I had to do this.

“No! I won’t let you! Have you forgotten? This war is about you! You being there would just make it easier for them!” his voice harden.

I could practically see his veins bulging out.

“I know it is! I’m the cause of it! I LET IT HAPPEN! It’s all my fault...” I felt tears stream down my my face.

It’s my fault. People were going to do die because of me. Damon eyes soften and pulled me into a hug. People were staring but I couldn’t care less.

“Hey..it’s okay, don’t worry about it,” Damon whispered into my ear.

“I can’t just not worry about it,” I sobbed in his arms.

We stood there for a few minutes, enjoying each others warmth. I didn’t want to let go of Damon but I had to . I wipe my tears and cleared my throat. I couldn’t let the pack see me crying. Never again. It was a sign of weakness. I was a Luna and I was suppose to be strong for the pack. I stepped away from Damon and look him in the eyes. All I could see was love, regret, a hint of fear but it disappeared just as soon as I saw it.  

“Damon, I understand that you’re worried about me but as a Luna, I cannot let my pack risk their lives while I stay at home. When we attack them, the first thing Carter would think to do is find me. He would think that you would have make me stay at home. He’ll then send wolves to find me,” I stated the obvious.

Damon’s expression turn hard again, imagining the situation. It was then he look at me and his eyes turn soft. He couldn’t risk it. He understood what I was trying to say.

“Okay but I want you to always be on the trees, properly camouflaged and 5 other wolves with you, understand?” he asked sternly.

I squealed at his agreement,”YES!”

I can’t believe it! He actually agreed to it! I never thought he would but now I guess I was wrong.

We walked back to the stations while the members went back to work after my outburst. I was smiling so wide, I was scared my mouth would stay like that forever! I knew Damon was still worried and having doubts about it. We were all ready. People were in each of their groups. They were all in wolf forms including the 5 members with me. I was the only one who was still human. Always and forever.

Damon POV

“Is everything ready?” I asked Kyle.

“Yes, Alpha,” Kyle answered.

Today was war. All jokes were gone. It was was a black day. Everyone had a mask on. To cover their sadness, their fears. Everyone was petrified about the fact that we might lose someone today. I could understand their feelings. Worst, if anything were to happen to Sage, I would be heartbroken. Shattered.  It would all be my fault and I know it. I was trying to understand Sage’s point of view but I was still afraid.

“Everyone, we will move out at exactly 6.40,” I said looking at my watch.

Everyone was trying to be calm. Not wanting to panic anyone. It wouldn’t be good. My watch beep. Just on time. It was exactly 6.40. Everyone heard it. Everyone knew what it meant. In not time, people were in their teams, going through the plan once again. There were altogether 5 teams. Team A was the medic team. Made up of only older women who were mostly nurses or doctors in the local hospital. Half of them were to stay in the house and the other to be with us in case someone needed to be carried back home. Team B was to keep the old people and young kids safe. They were hiding safely under the house. Deep in the basement. Our basement was huge. It’s connected to all the other members houses. All the supplies needed to survive was in there. There was even a passcode. No passcode, no entry. Team C were the archers. They will be on the trees, ready to aim if any of us were attacked. Along with them will be the snipers. Team D. Sage will be leading them. I’m sure they wouldn’t be expecting us on trees like monkeys. Team E was me. We’ll be in wolf form.

“Move out,” I ordered.

In an instant, everyone quietly walk to their respective places. Me and my team transformed into our wolves and walked into the forest. In the direction of Carter’s pack house. My intentions are clear. Kill him, save Sage.