The stalker and the mate.

(UPDATED, 14/3/2022) Authors note: Hi guys, it's been a really long time since I've log on here. I wrote this during my teens and I agree, there's definitely tons of missing parts and mistakes made. I'll try my best to spend some time on it and give you guys a better reading experience. Thank you for the support, I'm touched to see the likes and messages I've received. 

Hey! My name's Esabella Moore. I'm 17 years old and I just moved to California. I used to live in London but after mom died, dad wanted to start a new life. I wasn't happy with the idea but if It makes my dad happy, then I'm all for it. 

"Are we there yet?" I asked my dad.

Dad ignored me and took another sip of his coffee from Starbucks. I've been asking him the same question for the fifth time since we left the airport. Who wouldn't?! All I've seen were trees, signs, trees - oh wait, and more trees! I sighed and stared out the window.

Dad kept saying we were almost there but are we, dad? Are we? Not long after, A huge brown board came in to view on the left side of the road. 

WELCOME TO BELIVILLEE. 

Dad kept driving until we reached a small sleepy town that looked like nobody below 60 years old lives in. 

"Wait here, I have to get some documents signed", dad said after parking the car in front of a small yellow pastel shop with the words LAW OFFICE on the front window. 

"Yeah, OK"

I looked around the sunny neighborhood. The town was small but there was a farmers market up ahead which might be the reason why there was a lot of old people just walking and chilling out. My eyes were still scanning around just hoping to find someone my age. At least that would be a sign that there was more of us younglings. 

Dad came back and threw the documents to the back seat. We were back on the road to the new house. 15 minutes later, dad took a sharp left turn and stop in front of 2 huge black metal gates. It looked old but strong and creepy.

"Are you sure this is the right house?"

"Yes, I think so," dad said sounding very unsure.

Dad went out to unlock the gates and we went in. The journey from the gates had nothing but thick trees and huge walls on both sides blocking out anyone intending to break in.

"Good thing we don't have to worry about thieves", dad mumbled.

Finally, a non working water fountain came up. Dad stopped the car and we both got out. We stood there staring at the house in awe. The house had 2 floors excluding an attic and it was made of bricks. It wasn't a house really, it was more of a mansion. First off, dad better hire someone to clean the house because this is just too big for the both of us. Secondly, can we find a smaller place?

"This house is amazing", I gasped.

"Should be, it has 15 bedrooms", dad said.

15 bedrooms? 15 BEDROOMS?! Our house back in London only had 3 bedrooms. This is definitely a huge upgrade.

"I'm choosing my room!", I shouted to dad while running in to the house.

The house was really dusty. It smelled funny like something old was left in here. I ran to where I thought the attic was. I know, the attic's supposed to be scary but it would be cool to wake up to a view. I opened almost all the doors on the way and all of it looked the same.

You made me insecure,

Told me I wasn't good enough.

But who are you to judge,

When you're a diamond in the rough.

I'm sure you got some things

You'd like to change about yourself 

(who says by Selena Gomez)

Who's calling me now? I took out my cellphone and "Dad" was shown on the display screen.

"Dad, what's wrong?" 

"Nothing, I've been calling you for an hour, where are you?" Dad ask sounding very worried.

An hour? Pretty sure it's only been a few minutes.

"Really? Sorry, I couldn't hear you"

"It's okay sweetheart, just meet me back in the living room" 

I look at my watch and sure enough it was already 4 pm. 

I kept my phone back into my pocket and was about to walk back to the living room when I saw a door right at the corner. Pretty sure it was the only one that I've yet to open. Maybe I could take a quick peek at it before going back down. I walk towards the door and reached out for the doorknob. The door creaked open as I walked in. This room was gorgeous. It looked like it was made for a princess.

The room was dusty and the the afternoon sunlight was shining through the window. It reminded me of Taylor Swift's music videos. The walls were white in color and looked like it needed some paint. Near the window was a sofa which I thought would be a very nice spot to read my books. There were two doors on each side of the sofa. The one on the left was the bathroom and the one on the right was a walk in closet. The bed was facing the window and the main door was on the side of the bed. This is definitely my new room.

I walk towards the window and saw dad talking to a well built man. Oh no! DAD! I just remembered about him! I better rush down. Not wasting another minute, I ran out and down the stairs.

"Hey dad!"

"Don't hey me, Bella! I called you a while ago! Did you pick your room yet?"

"Sorry dad but yes I have, its-"

"Good carry your things while I talk to Mr Carter, the repair man"

I look over to the repairman and noticed that his hazel eyes were checking me out, from head to toe. Rude much? He might just be the first person I've seen from this town that looked like he was around my age. He look young with black spiky hair and he was well built. Drool worthy but not my type. His coughing snapped me back into reality. 

"Yeah, alright dad", I said feeling flustered.

As the sun started to set, all my things were already organized into my perfect new room. Dad  picked a room all the way on the left side of the house while mine was on the far right. Both dad and I decided to skip dinner and clean up the house. We were both exhausted. It was already 10pm when we were done and I had school tomorrow. I took a shower and fell asleep on my new bed.