Chapter 12

Sage POV

“Where is he?” I asked to no one in particular.

I was pacing back and fourth in the living room while Damon sat on the sofa, staring at me. It’s been an hour since I called him and he still wasn’t here.

“He’ll be here,” Damon said calmly.

My palms were sweaty. Where is he? Did Carter caught him? I hope not. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I ran to it and pulled it open.

“Dad!” I breathed a sigh of relieved.

“Hey honey! Sorry I’m late,” greeted me.

I ran to his open arms and hug him like no tomorrow. I missed my dad very much. I didn’t know if he had anything to do with this whole mess but I hope not. He smelled the same. Cigarettes and mint.

“Mr Moore,” Damon acknowledge my dad from behind me.

“Alpha,” my dad bowed his head.

“Alpha? Dad, you know?” I was confused.

“I’ll explain it to you, come on,” Damon interrupted.

Did my dad know about all of this? What is going on?They both shook hands and went into the living room. Damon and I sat on the love seat across from dad.

“Well? Tell me then!” I raised my voice.

“Sage, remember the first time you came here?” Damon asked.

“Yea, why?”

“You were driving along the highway when I first noticed you. I was running in my wolf form, when I saw the most beautiful girl I’ve seen. You,” Damon stared into my eyes.

I blushed at his words. I was still confused. What did it have to do with Carter?

“I saw your father beside you and instantly recognised him as the new wolf in town. Since I was Alpha, I decided to take you from your father instead of wooing you,” he continued.

Wolf? My dad’s a wolf too? My eyes were wide in horror. I look at dad.

“You’re a wolf?” I shouted at my dad.

“Yeap,” he simply answered.

“How come I never knew or seen you in wolf form?” I was confused.

“You were always in your room, remember?” my dad smirked.

“Oh,” it was all I could say.

“Why is Carter after me then?” I asked again.

“I’m not sure myself. I think he thinks that you’re his mate,” Damon explained.

“Mate? Why do you keep on saying I’m your mate? What is a mate?”

“A mate is your other half. Your soul mate. The person you will love unconditionally for the rest of your life,” he whispered.

“Wow...so I’m your soul mate?” I was glad.

He smiled and nod. Wow...that’s just unbelievable. I could tears filling my eyes. He’s mine and I’m his? I was happy that we were meant for each other but I was scared. I was scared if our relationship wouldn’t work out.  What if he decided to leave me one day? We don’t even know each other.

Damon held my chin and made me look up.

“I will love you forever for the rest of my life,” he whispered.

His words made me feel safe and secure. So sure that he would always be there for me.

“What are we going to do with Carter?” I asked going back to the main subject.

“I’ll do everything I have to make sure you’re safe. The pack would never let anything happen to their luna,” his voice full of confidence.

“Also, I want you to meet the pack,” he smiled.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hehe...honestly this chapter took me 3 days to complete! and it still isn’t much :( but I’ll try to write more for the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it and will stay for more! Vote and Comment! thanks!