02 - peter parker

↤↤↤↤↤ ↤↤↤↤↤ ↦↦↦↦↦ ↦↦↦↦↦

        Turns out it was definitely not a dream and whenever Sian became emotional her body would turn invisible again. She had no idea how to control it other than keeping her emotions under lock and key.
        It was very difficult when they were finally leaving their old house behind to move into the new one completely across town.
        "You said your friend May Parker lives in this neighborhood, how close are we to her house?" She absentmindedly questions her aunt; looking out the window as they pass house after house.
        "I've told you about how her husband was murdered only a few weeks ago and I wanted to be very close to her." Her aunt looks like she's about to cry and a pang of emotion twists at Sian's heart.
        "We're walking distance away, all we have to do is cross the street!" Her aunt smiles somberly.
Sian nods, taking a deep breath but it's too late and her finger tips disappear first.
        They pull into the driveway while the moving truck parks in front of the house.
        "Don't worry about helping with unpacking, the men in the truck will take care of it, your room should be across from the bathroom upstairs," her aunt smiles sweetly and Sian gives her a hug before exiting the car and running up the driveway to the front door. She pulls her new key out of her pocket and unlocks the door letting the moving guys bring in the furniture.
        She temporarily forgot about her hands and looks to see that her fingers have disappeared.
        "Lovely," she heads to her new room and shuts the door behind her, waving her now invisible hand around, finding it amusing for a moment.
        "Hopefully I'll have figured out how to control it before school starts," she mutters and walks over to one of her windows. It shows the front yard and the house across the street. She opens the window letting in some fresh air.
        "One more thing Sian! We'll be visiting May and her nephew in a few hours!" Her aunt shouts from downstairs.
        "Okay, aunt Dinah," she responds and leans against the windowsill, resting her chin in one of her invisible hands.
        Across the street, she notices a boy leaving his house.
        "Be home in an hour Peter!"
        "I can make no such promises, aunt May," he grins. A woman is standing in the doorway with a stern look on her face; arms crossed over her chest.
        "Alright, I will," Peter lifts his hands in surrender before leaving with a skateboard at his feet.
        "And I thought I was difficult," Sian laughs.
        She watches as Peter disappears from view before turning from the window and sitting on the empty bed. She can't wait to put her sheets and blanket on it and sleep all her worries away.
        She lays down and folds her arms behind her head and stares at the ceiling fan go round and round and without realizing her eyes close.
        "Sian!" Her aunt calls from her door and Sian bolts up, now realizing that she fell asleep. She rubs her eyes and looks at her now visible hands.
        "Nice," she gets up and sees her aunt still standing in the doorway.
        "You have five minutes to get ready," she grins and Sian blinks before slightly panicking as her hair is a mess and she has sleep in her eyes.
        "Okay, I can be quick!" She rushes to the bathroom and washes her face before untangling her hair and braiding it to make it look presentable. She stares at herself in the mirror and shrugs, heading down the stairs to her aunt who is waiting for her. She slips on her white converse and they head out.

↤↤↤↤↤ ↤↤↤↤↤ ↦↦↦↦↦ ↦↦↦↦↦

Edited 2021