01 - invisible

↤↤↤↤↤ ↤↤↤↤↤ ↦↦↦↦↦ ↦↦↦↦↦

        Sian Jasper walks home from studying at the library while humming to one of her favorite songs. The sun is slowly setting and she's almost home when she hears something in one of the alleyways. She takes an earbud out of her ear and stares down the dark alley scanning for whatever made the noise.
        "Weird," she mutters, about to put her earbud back in her ear before a loud hiss is heard. A frightened cat emerges from the dark running right past Sian's foot and causing her to stumble from surprise. Trying to balance herself, she bumps into someone running out of the alley and something cold lands on her shoulder.
        "You stupid girl!" A woman curses and pushes Sian out of the way causing her to fall back. The woman doesn't give Sian a second glance and clutches a bottle of something to her chest before disappearing down the street.
        Sian blinks, confused about what just happened and annoyed with how rude that woman was.
        "At least I didn't spill something on you, what the heck is this!" She runs a finger through the cold dark green liquid covering her shoulder and shutters in disgust.
        "Gross, I hope it doesn't leave a stain," she sighs, this is her favorite flannel.
        She stands to her feet, stuffing her earbuds in her pocket and checks the time on her phone with her clean hand. She notices a message from her aunt asking why she's not home yet and she doesn't waste any time and runs the rest of the way home. She passes the for sale sign covered by the sold sticker and enters the house that she'll never see again.
        "I'm home, aunt Dinah!" She announces to her aunt who replies with, "I'm in the kitchen, dinner's almost ready so be down soon!"
Sian enters the bathroom, turns on the light and grimaces at the sight of the liquid coating her flannel.
        "Ew, it's in my hair!" She lifts a strand of her brown hair and drops it before taking off her flannel and throwing it in the bathtub. She turns the sink on and goes to scrub her hand until she notices the liquid absorbing into her skin. She looks at her hair again and notices the same thing happening.
        She looks away from her appearance at the sound of footsteps approaching.
        "Sian? Are you in here?" Her aunt appears in the doorway and looks around the bathroom before scoffing.
        "You can't just leave the water running Sian!" Her aunt turns the water off and Sian looks at her confused.
        "What? I'm right here," she waves and her aunt looks in her direction like she's looking right through Sian.
        She scratches her head, "I need to have my ears checked. I swear I heard Sian in here." She turns around and exits the bathroom after turning the light off.
        Sian stands there dumbfounded before turning the light back on.
        "What, am I invisible now or something?" She sighs, until she looks into the mirror to see no reflection at all.
        "What!" She grasps the sink and moves her face closer to the mirror. "I really am..." she touches her face and then after a few more moments she can see herself again. She notices that her green eyes look a bit darker than before.
        "O-okay, this has to be a dream! At least I hope it's a dream," she mutters half heartedly, unsure of what she's going to do.

↤↤↤↤↤ ↤↤↤↤↤ ↦↦↦↦↦ ↦↦↦↦↦

Edited 2021