#3

"Here I got you a sweatshirt. You looked cold." Amber handed you a sweatshirt that was very much so your style, but extremely expensive looking.

You and her were currently staying in LA for two weeks, per her treat. You insisted that she at least let you pay for the airfare or hotel, but she wouldn't budge. You didn't want to say anything to ruin her mood because she was having so much fun seeing her family and old friends, as well as just being back in LA, but you felt uncomfortable with how much she had been spending on you recently. You didn't want her to get the impression you were mooching off her.

Amber's wallet seemed to be an endless pit, you were starting to get worried. If you even glanced at something you liked, she would buy it for you without even looking at the price.

"Amber.." "It's okay Y/N, it's really not a big deal." She grabbed your hand and smiled at you as both started walking back towards the rest of the group you were with.

After a bit the group decided to split up and Amber went with two other friends into a shop that carried skateboards, you stayed behind so she could spent more personal time with her friends; this also meant you ended up staying behind with the friends of hers you weren't very familiar with.

You weren't really sure how to strike up a conversation so you just went up to them hoping one of them would start one. "That's a nice sweater you have, is it new? You weren't wearing it earlier."

"Oh yeah... Amber bought it for me earlier since it was cold." You couldn't read if the friend was being genuine or sarcastic with you.

"What a coincidence you hadn't brought one with you." Another friend popped in. What was that supposed to mean? The third friend nudged her in the shoulder, her twin.

"Oh i'm just not used to-" Immediately, you were interrupted by the first twin again. "I thought where you're from is colder than LA so why are you suddenly so cold you need a jacket?"

"I must've gotten used to the weather in Korea... even though it's not as hot over there." You weren't guilty of anything but you felt yourself slowly sounding like it; you couldn't help that you were cold, you didn't even ask Amber to get you that sweatshirt! Finding yourself feeling annoyed and uncomfortable you decided to walk away from the three girls and sit down at the bench in front of the shop.

"I heard Amber even paid for all of Y/N's traveling fair... you'd think Y/N would know limits and chip in for something." Went one of the girls.

"It's evident that she's literally using Amber for money. I wonder when Amber will finally open her eyes."

"I bet she didn't go into the shop with Amber because it's not like she's gonna get anything there."

"God I can't believe how shameless Y/N is, using someone for money like that."

"Don't worry, she'll get tired of Y/N sooner or later."

So there you sat, uncomfortable and upset Amber's friends didn't like you and assumed the worst from you. Did her family think the same as them too?

Ten minutes later Amber and the remainder of the friends that hadn't bashed you yet came out of the shop. "Let's go to In-N-Out, I haven't been in soooo long." Amber groaned. "I'll buy you a big meal when we get there." You laughed. Not only did you actually want to buy something for Amber for once while you two were in LA, but you wanted to prove to those girls that you weren't cheating Amber of her hard-earned money.

Once Amber finally finished her grand order at the counter, you pulled out your card when the staff at the cash register said, "Oh I'm sorry but our system is down right now so we can't take cards at the moment." Instantly you quietly heard from the corner, "I bet she knew that already, no wonder she offered to pay. She knew she wasn't going to have to."

At this point you were fed up with the girls and this whole situation that you fled to the bathroom.

Locking the door, you slid to the floor and softly sobbed. To say you were humiliated would be an understatement. You didn't want Amber to contemplate the idea that you were just with her for her money at all, because it just wasn't true.

There was a knocking on the door. "Y/N? It's me. Are you okay?" You tensed up at the familiar voice you loved so much, worried the girls had said something to her.

"I'm sorry, Amber. I really do like you, I hope you know that." You sniffled out. The door opened. Amber came in and shut the door behind her.

"How did you- I locked the door?" Amber smiled, "I know you, and I know you locked the door so I asked for the key... I also know you like me you weirdo, what's up?"

"I don't want you paying for everything. I want to pay for things too and I want to buy you sweatshirts when you're cold and buy you In-N-Out and plane tickets to your home and for my own things. I want you to let me treat you too." "Is this about the triplets?" She asked.

"I thought they were twins and a sister or friend?" "Well they're so much alike with every single thing they do and think, we call them triplets... anyways, what spurs this up? Did they say something?"

"Well they definitely didn't help the situation, but no. They were just my breaking point. You know you could have two dollars to your name and I would love you just the same as I do now?"

"Y/N, I know you would. You put up a fight every time I buy you something, it's cute seeing you mad, maybe that's why I do so much. I can't help it. I never took into consideration how it could make you feel or come off to others. Even then, you shouldn't listen to what other people say about our relationship. It's ours, not theirs and we know it better than they do. If I felt you were just in it for the money, I would've felt that way a long time ago and we wouldn't be here right in this moment together. I promise I won't splurge on you as much and I'll let you buy me things. I'll make you go broke from all the of the hot cheetos I'll force you to get me... and as for seeing you be cute while mad... I'll just have to come up with something else to do to see that adorable pout." She winked, whilst showing that cheesy smile of hers.

You hugged her, letting the last tear run down your cheek. "I love you." "I love you too, my little gold digger." She chuckled, earning a soft punch in the arm from you.

tyyyyysm to @littlerebelmelon for the request & sorry for the wait!! i first was busy + had lots going on & then wattpad wouldn't let me on the app for 5 seconds before crashing & my laptop is currently broken :(((( everything is working now so gross ur fingers it stays this way!! ty for readin xxx