I turned around and started to run back to the house. Once I reached the door I stopped to catch my breath before turning to see if the guy was still standing there which of course he was. I muttered to myself and walked into the kitchen for a piece of fruit when the house phone rang making me jump. "Hello?" I tried to answer and finish the piece of fruit in my mouth.

"Honey, Its mom look we have some new neighbors who are coming over so I decided to take the night off. Would you be a sweetheart and cook dinner?"

I muttered to myself again before agreeing and hanging up.After finishing up dinner the door opened up and in came my mother running around. "Ah I look like a wreck! I don't want them seeing me like this!" she screamed running up the stairs.

I chuckled and followed her a little more slowly still trying to decrease the speed of my heart from the run. "Honey please tells me you’re not wearing that?" she asked giving me a good look over.

I gave her a shocked glance then looked down at my running clothes. "Well I wasn't going to wear it but now that you said something I think I will wear it." I spoke loud enough for her to hear only to get a long sigh in return.

"Lindsey Ann! Get your butt upstairs and change into a nice dress." she screamed from behind her closed doors. I hated it when people used my middle name so I slammed my hand on her door.

"Mom you know I hate it when people use my middle name!" I mumbled sounding upset. "Which gives me the reason to use it now move it they will be here soon." I groaned in annoyance before walking into my room.

I looked through my closet and picked out a short dark blue dress that went with my black flats. Walking to the bathroom I turned the shower on and hopped in letting the water run down my face. I got out, drying and curling my long blonde hair to make my highlights stand out. Soon after I was done I threw on a little make up, put my outfit on and walked over to my mirror to examine my work. I had to admit the outfit did show off my nice curves which made me smile a bit. The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to see who it was when I came face to face with the jerk from the beach. I gave him an angry glare and stomped off into the other room.

 I had to say he was pretty hot though, the way his muscles showed through his tight plaid shirt. He had long black hair and deep grey eyes that made me want to stare at them forever.  My mother walked into the room showing her eyes full of fury.

"Can you kindly explain what that was all about?" she yelled in a hushed tone so the guest wouldn't hear.

"I ran into that guy in there on the beach today. He was a complete jerk and I will not have dinner with him!"

She gave me the puppy dog look I used on her a lot before speaking again, "will you have dinner with them for me?" I felt my anger rising but didn't show it as I casually walked into the dinning room. They all stood when I entered the room making me blush a little with embarrassment before taking a seat.

"Hello I am Lindsey; it's very nice to meet you." I finally said after a few moments of silence. "It’s very nice to finally meet you Lindsey. My name is Mrs. Sanders but you can call me Daniela. This is my husband Jonathan and our son Nathan." I nodded at everyone but Nathan still not wanting to talk to him.

 The room went quiet again till my mother started talking Nathan's parents and I sat there playing with my food. "Um Lindsey?" I rolled my eyes when I realized that it was Nathan who called me. "Yes Nathan?" I asked trying not to sound rude but it ended up in a harsh tone. He looked down at his plate then back up at me and I could tell from his eyes that he felt guilty, but what was he guilty about? “I want to apologize for my actions earlier I just um well I don’t know what came over me.” I looked over at him and then back down at my plate, “may I be excused from the table?” my mother looked at me but then decided that I had sat here long enough so she let me go. As soon as she answered my question I ran upstairs and locked my door behind me. “Ugh, why do men have to be so bipolar?” I yelled out loud making me pace around my room. I fell back on my bed and listened to the murmurs of conversations below my room continue for about two hours when my mom called for me to come downstairs.

Slowly I got up and dragged myself down stairs to say goodbye to the Sanders. “Goodbye it was very …” my words were cut off when my mom invited them over for dinner tomorrow. My mouth dropped open and I groaned silently and turned to leave. I got to the stair when Nathan’s voice sounded like it was right behind me. “I will see you tomorrow then Lindsey?” I turned and almost fell backward when I saw how close he was to me. “Um, yea sure see you tomorrow.” I mumbled before turning to go back up the stairs. Once in my room again I called up Sabrina. The phone rang three times till I heard her loud voice through the phone. “Hello?” I pulled the phone back a little because she was so loud. “Hey want to come over tonight?” I asked trying to sound excited only because I wanted to tell her about the annoying boy that moved in. “yea sure I will be over in a minute.” She squeaked and hung up. I laughed at her eagerness and went to lie back on my bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY! did yall enjoy the first chapter?? to the right of this is a picture of Lindsey! check it out vote and comment if you like it thanks (: