Journey back to the beginning....

'Emirates Airlines flight no. 308 for London is now ready for boarding. All passengers are required to proceed to gate A26...A26 to London, thank you'.

I heard the announcement just in time to thank the officer checking my sling bag and rushed of to find my...well....personal officer. I need one because I'm an underaged and the slim lady in the indigo uniform with the light creamy scarf around her neck made me where a tag on my collar blouse that said..WARNING! UNACCOMPANIED MINOR ON BOARD!! It was so embarrassing..C'mon, I'm not that young. Sixteen already..well, at least on the 14th March....

A while ago, my parents and my whole family had come to see me go and send me off. My mom was trying to hide the fact that she was sniffing but I caught her and hugged her for a moment before letting go.

"Aunt Anaya will be waiting for you in the airport once you've landed", she had reminded me for the 46th time that morning. "So make sure you don't go wandering about on your own, got that?"

"Yes mommy..."

I walked on and saw Officer Lenora's small frame not far and slowly made my way towards her. She had her arms in front of her and held both hands together like a proud mother, smiling broadly when she saw me.

"Are you ready to fly miss?" She asked as I came to stand beside her.

"Of course", I answered, taking large steps now. It was easier with my sneakers on and besides...I hate sandals...they hurt my ankles because I was too tall for my age and sandals makes it worst. "I can't miss this flight. Come along".

It was fun walking around the airport like a big boss with a personal-like- bodyguard. Officer Lenora does everything for me except going to the washroom of course. She buys my food and drinks, she insists on carrying my hand carry and she made sure I was always under her nose.

As I arrived at the respective gate and failing to make Lenora go away, I took a seat near the windows so I could get a perfect view of Emirates. It was huge, one of the biggest flight in the world and it's a double decker jet....but I doubt mine's on the upper class...I'm pretty sure I'm in economy. My dad and I have this habit of not spending money on something you still will get comfortably in a cheaper rate....

I plugged my iPod on and listen to some indies while Lenora continued her speech about...well, I don't know !! I didn't mean to be rude but I'm just so sleepy of waking up at 5 just to catch a flight which departures at 9 am. Sigh.....

While I was closing my eyes, hoping to nap for a bit, a song came up and my eyes immediately fluttered open, shocking a busy Lenora with a log book. Yes, she stopped the lecture a while ago. THANK GOD!!

"Everything alright Ferry?" She asked, concern heavy In her tone. I gave her a nervous grin.

"Um...yeah. Just..." I laughed it off fast. "Nothing".

"Oh, ok".

I paid attention back to the song...I loved this music so much but was surprised at how long I've tried not to listen to it but this time, I didn't skip.

"Keep....holding....onnn,

And I know you'll make it through, make it through,

Just...Stayyy.....stronggg,

Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you".

I continued singing Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne, although not so loud....this song brings back all those memories 4 years ago. 4 years ago in London!! This was....this song was...our jam!!!

I closed my eyes shut, feeling the darkness for a second...not before I saw in my mind....a pair of perfect blue eyes....a stupid lopsided grin which I missed all these years and a dark tangle of waves....