Chapter 1: Stolen Princess

(Jani's💙)
Royalty. Most people would kill to be a king or queen. To think they could wake up every morning and have a big breakfast. Then have a beautiful, elegant ball almost every night. People think that being royalty is a sure fire way to be happy. That it would solve all their problems and they would be living the high life.
Well, being royal isn't like that at all. It's horrible. Yes, you may have money, but do you really get any love?
You're forced to wake every morning before sunrise, eat, then all throughout the day you have to learn how to be a princess. You must know how to horseback ride, you must be an expert at archery, you must be a graceful and skilled dancer, you have to be good at everything. It's a hard life to live.
Your fate is already set in stone from the day you're born into a royal family. Marriages are arranged before you can even walk, speak, or feed yourself. I may have had things while at the castle, but not love.
Not since she died.
Father won't even look at me anymore, because I look too much like her. He locks himself in his chambers.
And conveniently enough the day he finally spoke to me was the day of my wedding.
I was being forced to marry a man, Dan Straight, from another kingdom to unite our armies.
I took one step towards the alter and bolted.
I ran through the streets, still wearing my large, elegant wedding gown, and I certainly looked royal.
That's when I was taken. I was captured by a group of men who were going to sell me as a slave. I didn't want to be a slave, so when they weren't looking I jumped off the ship I was being held captive on. I fell into the cold water, cold, metal handcuffs still holding my wrists prisoner.
I'm sinking now.
I'm not gonna make it.
I never wanted any of this to happen to me.
I just wanted love, is that too much to ask for?
I opened my eyes and looked up at the moon that glistened and made the water around me twinkle as if I was in space surrounded by stars.
My sight started to blur.
I'm dying.
This is it for me.
Goodbye cruel world.
I shut my eyes and breathe my last breath.

"GET WENDY!! SHE NEEDS HELP!!" someone yelled.
There was a commotion around me and I found it hard to open my eyes, so I kept them closed.
Suddenly, a felt someone put their hands over me and I felt myself start to feel better.
"What's going on here? What happened? Who is she and is she going to be alright?" A man asked suddenly.
"Aye! She should be fine! We thought we saw something in the water and when we pulled it up with the fish net, we realized it was a girl. She had handcuffs on her wrists and it is my belief that someone left her to die."
a woman said.
"Ah, ok." the man said.
Next I heard a calm voice, who I assumed to belong to a 13 or 14-year-old girl.
"I'm done healing her, she should wake up any moment now!"
All went silent and before I knew what happened I felt air fill my lungs suddenly, taking me by surprise.
My eyes immediately shot open and I looked around. I saw that I was on a boat, but I had no time to think about that. I ran for the side of the boat and began puking.
When I had finished puking my guts out I immediately started coughing violently.
Someone handed me something, and I saw it was water.
I chugged down the whole glass and when I removed the cup from my face I started gasping for air.
I finally managed to calm myself down and I looked up.
I saw 4 people standing there.
One was a scarlet-haired woman. She had on a suit of amour and a sword was hanging from her belt.
The next was a man with Raven colored hair. He had dark Raven eyes to match and wasn't wearing a shirt, but had on a pair of black pants and a sword also hung from his belt.
I looked slightly to my left and saw a girl with purple hair tied up into two pigtails. She was short, and I assumed her to be the one who 'healed' me.
She had two red cat ears above each pigtail and was wearing a white shirt and brown pants.
She must be one of those ancient healers, I thought.
I looked at the final person and saw he was male. He intrigued me the most.
He had salmon pink hair and was wearing a scarf around his head. He had on a black vest and baggy white pants. A sword was attached to his belt, but it seemed nicer and stronger than the others.
He had onyx eyes and a symbol on his exposed shoulder.
I then realized something. They each had that symbol.
That means...
I gasped and scooted away from them.
I couldn't be sold, I thought I escaped that nightmare!
I started having a panic attack and the girl with purple hair rushed to my side to calm me down.
She helped me control my breathing and I looked up to her.
She smiled at me and I saw that she had two pointed teeth.
"Hi, I'm Wendy, and you're on one of Fairy Tail's main ships right now" she said and my face twisted in fear.
I can't believe it.
They're............