Ch.27 *Bird Watching*

Start from the beginning

"There will be limited cell reception and no wifi-" A few groans were let out but he continued, "The bus with your extra bags will be showing up in a few hours and a selected number of students will be chosen to bring them all to the site. Please just behave yourself."

Mr. Jin sat up from his seat, "And no girls in the boy's cabins- or boys in the girl's!"

Again more groans.

The teachers got off first and then the rest of us. I put Ty's sweatshirt back on and threw the hood over my hair.

He was leaning against the yellow bus when I came out and approached me. "I'm never getting that thing back am I?" he pointed to the sweatshirt and I held back a laugh and shook my head.

"I could just trade this one out for another one."

Ty shrugged, "Fair enough."

No, I wouldn't tell him that I've slept with it on seven occasions now, wishing it was him the whole time. And no I would not tell him that his smell is starting to wear off. And no I would not tell him that he looked really hot right now and all I want to do is attack him with my lips.

These are some things I will not do.

He looked at me for a second while we started walking. I turned and met his soft gaze.

"You're staring," I said lightly.

"I know,"

My heart hammered against my chest as he frowned slightly. I turned my eyes away from him to anything else. Suddenly the birds in the trees became extremely interesting.

"Sorry." he said and turned his gaze to the birds I was looking at.

I swallowed, not sure what to say. I could have just done nothing but that would make me seem like an ass.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Oh- I just thought- that you, um..." He stuttered, looking adorable might I add.

I really want to kiss him. Woah, slow down there Ella.

I cocked my head to the side and looked at him as we still walked.

Ty just shook his head almost in defeat and turned the other way.

Mark and Ian came up to us and started talking.

"So I was thinking what we could do to prank the teachers on that last day." Ian brought his hands in front of us in the air and motioned out the words, "Bear scare"

He started walking backward with the biggest grin on his face. I pointed at him, "You, my friend, are a terrible person."

I don't even want to know the details. I'll see it soon enough.

"Right?" Mark asked with the smallest of a smile.
I could almost see the pain in his eyes when he looked at me. Oh god did he still like me?

I prayed to whatever higher being in my mind that he didn't.

I think I made it clear I don't like him. A shame really, because he's perfect.

Ty tensed next to me and his demeanor changed. He leaned over and spoke to me only, but loud enough for the rest of them to hear. "If you weren't all broken and everything this would be the perfect opportunity to race you."

"I would so beat you."

"Oh Cupcake, I wouldn't be naive this time."

Oh yeah. I totally made him believe I was unfit to sprint down two blocks. Sucker.