{Thor}

I plucked my soul out of its secret place,
And held it to the mirror of my eye,
To see it like a star against the sky,
A twitching body quivering in space,
A spark of passion shining on my face.
And I explored it to determine why
This awful key to my infinity
Conspires to rob me of sweet joy and grace.
And if the sign may not be fully read,
If I can comprehend but not control,
I need not gloom my days with futile dread,
Because I see a part and not the whole.
Contemplating the strange, I'm comforted
By this narcotic thought, I know my soul.

I Know My Soul
~Claude McKay

I Know My Soul~Claude McKay

***

  "Dizzee!" I yell catching his attention from below him. He smiles at me jumping down to meet me.

"Hey." He hugs me leaving a kiss on my lips. He pulls away leaving tingles in his wake and jumps back up to finish his painting.

"My aunt told me you were looking for me."

"Yea I forgot you were helping out Mylene and them today." he answers before turning to me.

"What do you think so far?" I look at him smiling never once turning to look at the picture.

"It looks amazing Dizz."

"You never even looked at it." He laughs and puts his bag against the wall finishing off his part.

"I didn't have to look at it to know that it's amazing." I smile as he puts his cans up and draws closer to me.

"Hey you know there are other people working on this too." Crash, another street artist, speaks up. I turn to him laughing as Dizzee comes up to me.

   "As a matter of fact you were supposed to be helping today." Crash continues. Dizzee rolled his eyes lightly before speaking.

"Don't worry, I did your part for you, I knew you'd be busy today." He hugs me to him causing me to wrap my arms around his shoulders and he comes in for another kiss.

"Are you comfortable with kissing in front of your friends?" I whisper to him. He nods smiling making me laugh.

"Good," I say leaning in to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Hey can you two get a room or something-"

"It's the pigs!" Daze, the third artist of our friend group, yells making us turn to the entry where sure enough there are two cops running through the gates towards us.

"Come on Mani!" Dizze grabs my arm pulling me after him as I stoop to grab his stuff from the ground. I settle everything in my arms as he continued to drag me behind him.