{ Rumi's Enlightened Kool-Aid }

When you're walking in the sun, baby girl,
Instead of the shade
You're definitely gonna want
Some of Rumi's Enlightened Kool-Aid

When you're walking in the sun, baby girl, Instead of the shadeYou're definitely gonna want Some of Rumi's Enlightened Kool-Aid

--

   Everyone knew who were the causes of the buildings burning down in the Bronx, and why they were doing it. The government officials were causing the bills to raise and the landlords couldn't afford to pay them, so they hired the local gang members to burn it and collect the insurance. It was bad enough that no one cares how hot it was or how dangerous setting those fires were.

   I knew that's why our whole group were in disarray. Shao was obviously the one hurt by it the most. He spent most of his life collecting those records and getting all his equipment . Dizzee and I had lost all of our spray, but I think we both declared it was better that we both made it out rather than being upset about our cans.

Mylene even had a bad few weeks. After what she did at her father's church he apparently kicked her out. She didn't have anywhere to go so she stayed with Yolanda's family for the time being.

I still went to the soup kitchen, just for the sake of having my aunt Wanda off my back and filling Mama Lydia in on how Mylene was doing. If I wasn't there I was obviously with Dizzee and tried to stay at their apartment for as long as I could. Thankfully everyone understood my reasoning. Zeke and I hadn't really talked that much since our argument and the fire, which is why I didn't have a chance to warn Zeke before Aunt Wanda caught him, but we weren't on bad terms thankfully.

Which is where we were currently as Leon mocked Zeke for looking for a job. It didn't make sense to me, because he always went on and on about finding a job and "being a man".

"You mean to tell me, Mr. Phillis Wheatley over here, that your poetry ain't making good money?"

"I'm trying to raise money for a turntable." Zeke answers, walking off to put on his shirt.

"What the hell do you need to buy a damn turntable for?" Leon surprisingly asks leaning back in his chair. "You need to save up for some damn toothpaste!"

   "You gonna save up for a mirror?" I scoff looking at him.

   "Why?"

  "Anybody ever tell ya, you ugly?" I retort crossing my legs and shoving a piece of bread in my mouth as Aunt Wanda smacks my shoulder disapprovingly.

  "Leon, he's trying to find an honest job."

"Okay, well that I can support a hundred and ten percent." He gives.