Chapter 17

Start from the beginning

"Why the hell are you heading there, Laura?! You should be going to the evac location in Land Union park to get out of the city," Uncle Chris reminded me. I took a deep breath, before explaining to him,

"Listen carefully there isn't much time, there are people after me. Not just the B.O.W.s, I mean really bad people. They've been chasing us all over the city, because I'm their primary target. I don't know why but that's not really important right now. Also, I know where Mom is. She's being held captive in the secret underground Umbrella facility located underneath the Space Needle. Unfortunately, I don't know who kidnapped her either."

"How do you know all of this Laura?!" Uncle Chris questioned me.

Ada briefly glanced over at me through the rear view window, as I was thinking carefully what to say next. My grip tightening partially around the cellular device.

"I was informed by a friend of mine," I affirmed.

"Who?"

I shifted my gaze over at Ada momentarily, doubting whether if I should mention her or not.

"You can tell him dear, I don't mind," Ada insisted, keeping her hands on the steering wheel.

"Are you sure? You know what would happen if I do," I warned her.

"Like I said, I really don't mind at all," She repeated herself, not really caring at all about the consequences. One of the reasons why I admire her.

I gulped. "I was told by Ada... Ada Wong."

I knew as soon as I mentioned her name, Chris was definitely enraged. His breathing was more heavy than before, lowly growling on the other line. I already knew what was about to come next.

"Laura, she's dangerous! You need to stay away from her at all costs!"

"That's not true Chris! If it wasn't for Ada, I would be dead right now Chris. Ada's been keeping me safe, and she saved me multiple times from getting killed. Trust me on this Uncle Chris, please," I begged him.

His breathing slowed down—telling me I managed to barely calm him down a bit. I quietly let out a sigh of relief, wiping the sweat off my forehead. "Is everybody else heading to the evac location?"

"Yes, Ada and I decided that it would be best to split up for everyone's safety. Rebecca and everyone else are heading to Land Union park to evacuate out of the city."

"Okay, I'll meet you there as soon as I can, stay safe," He said then hung up.

"I take that it went well?" Ada inquired.

"Well... He didn't sound too happy at all when I mentioned you Ada. Other than that,  I told him where we're heading. So he's gonna meet as soon as he can," I answered, with an honest tone of voice.

"Why does he hate you anyways Ada? Did you really cause the outbreak in China two years ago?" Tyler questioned her.

"It's more complicated than it sounds. Lets just say that a doppelgänger was involved, and I was blamed because of her."

Ada didn't seem like the type of person that would go deep into detail just about anything during a conversation. More of a private person if you ask me. She always simplifies what's usually thrown at her, which is understandable.

I leaned my back against the soft black leather seat, getting comfortable once again. It was going to be a little bit before we actually get there. Might as well try to get some sleep to help conserve my remaining energy. My eyelids started to grow more heavy, with each second passing by. My breathing pace grew much slower, but more constant at the same time. Once I was hit with a wave of drowsiness, I was out like a light.