remember the rules [3]

This one is a bit more difficult for me than DOH, if anyone is reading this and still remembers what happened in the last two chapters: you are amazing and thank you for reading my shit.

Xx Jackie

Ps: little word of advice: this stuff is pretty badly written, don't expect much of it or just don't read it.

The softy of the mob family turned badass.

Remember the rules [3]

"You heard about John's jitters yesterday when he was on post?" A deep masculine voice laughed o so loud.

I pulled my pillow over my bed and tried to sink deeper in the matress. I wanted to sleep, sleep was good. I liked sleeping, especially since I hadn't truelly had a good night's sleep in seven years.

Another too loud voice joined his friends.

"Oh, yeah, I heard about that from Frank. 'Who's there? Help, help.'" The guy screamed in a high pitched voice.

That was it! I threw away the covers, got up and glanced at the clock. Freaking seven am in the bloody morning! I was going to beat the shit out the loud fuckers. Angry I kicked my old bedroom door open and glared down at the two boys in the hall.

The look on their faces would have been funny if it hadn't been seven in the morning and if hadn't had such a bad temper in the morning. According to Haily I always showed quiet a temper, but since she thought Mary Poppins was always so cheery to hide her surpressed anger issues, I tried not to take her too serious all the time.

Pissed of at being awakened I gripped wooden frame of my door, trying to ground myself instead of beating the noise untill it went away. The boys only stared at me, not speaking a word.

"Oh, now you can shut up?" I asked in a vicious voice.

"Do me a favour and try doing the same thing next time you walk past my room instead of waking me up on the unholy hour of seven in the morning! Some people actually enjoy sleep! Now stop staring and piss off!"

I slammed the door close and crawled back in my bed, but I was too pissed off to go back to sleep. Might as well go and see if we still had Kees as the resident chef, he made a mean grilled cheese on toast with tomatoes, he always said he'd take his secrets with him to his grave, but for me not to worry: he'd always be there for me to make sure I wouldn't go hungry. I couldn't stop the bitter laugh that had become a regular sound for me over the last couple of years. I had went hungry at military school, and I was pretty sure that they had killed my taste buds over there as well, only one way to put it to the test.

Moody from being awaked I opened my closet door only to see it contents and slam it shut again, the little girls clothes being an ugly reminder that this wasn't really my home anymore. Pissed I turned towards the old, battered sports bag wich held my ugly uniform and a bunch of old clothes from Haily, since someone didn't bother leaving me some extra money to buy clothes. In the beginning my brothers had arranged for me to have some cash fro emergencies but I hadn't had a dollar to spare for two years. If Haily hadn't been such a good friend I could have never accepted these clothes, most off them were brand new, jeans, T-shirts and other stuff she bought with the single purpose of giving them to me without wearing it herself. It also explained some of the really tight and more revealing outfits in my bag, my friend was a strong believer in showing off your assets.

I stopped myself from going to my usual choice of clothes, a simple black tee and some jeans, might as well try pissing of the old man if I had the unhappy coincidence of running into him. Not that he'd give a shit, but somewhere it had to bother him that one of his family members walked around in a low riding jeans and a dark red corset. A bit over the top? I wanted to see a vein burst in his forehead. I ran a brush through my dark blond curl, but didn't bother with any make-up, I had to draw the line somewhere. Make-up wasn't my thing, I had naturally dark long lashed and a fair skin, so no need to cover up a bunch of pimples with too much foundation. Time to eat and if I were lucky: see a vein burst.