2

I sprawled out on the bed, then groaned at the sunlight. Anna needs to make a new guest room, because for the past 3 days, the sun's been a bitch to me in the morning. I stood up, went to the bathroom, did my morning routine, then waltzed into the kitchen to find Anna already dressed.

"Where are you headed?" I asked, my voice slightly raspy.

"To your place." She replied, monotone.

"My place? W-why?" I asked, sounding worried.

"Either you go back, with me of course, and get your things and MOVE OUT or I will do it for you." She stated.

"I-I'll go back today! If you didn't want me here, you could have just told me." I said, walking to the guest room and grabbing the little bit of clothes I had, my phone and charger, and my contact case thing.

"It's not that I don't want you here, it's that I don't want you to live there." She explained, grabbing my things out of my hands and throwing them on the bed. "You're gonna need to face him and.." she coughed, "break up with him." I sighed and threw my self on the bed.

"But.. it was just one hit! It doesn't happen often and he just gets angry. Don't we al-"

"What do you mean it doesn't happen often?" She asked. She began to eye me as I looked around to see if there was something I could do to change to topic. I eyed my contacts case and ran over to put them on.

"I'll go over today. I'll get my things and come right back." I said, softly.

"He's gonna go with you." She ordered. I turned and blinked a few times to let the contacts settle in.

"Who is he?" I asked.

Time skip to when the girls are ready*

"You still haven't told me who this 'he' is yet! And I'm not going until I know who it is!" I said, putting my foot down. I get it, she's my best friend, but she doesn't have to boss me around. She's not my mother.

"Fine." She turned and called out. "Over here, hon!" A few seconds later, William appeared, and I almost fell back.

"What is he doing here?!" I whispered to Anna.

"I don't want Hayden hitting you again! He's gonna protect you." She smiled.

"But he and I are still dating so he might think that I cheated on him and.." I stopped myself, knowing that it would make the situation worse. I groaned and began to walk out. "Let's just go." I sighed.

"Here, I'll drive you." William offered, his accent now more sweet to my ears. It was soft, and reassuring, and hella sexy. I know, I'm in a relationship, but I honestly can't help that William has got an amazing ass everything. I nodded and he opened the car door for me. I thanked him quietly and sat down in the passenger seat. He got in the drivers seat and drove off.

"Don't you need any directions?" I asked him a few minutes after we left.

"No, Annabelle already gave the street address to me." He said. His voice- his tone made it seem like he wanted to say more, but he just stopped. Then, silence flooded the car. I turned and pressed my head on the window, looking out at the shops and apartments. He sighed after 17 minutes and began again. "What was that?" He asked, softly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, turning my head to see him, but not taking it off the window.

"I mean what was all of that? The yelling, the bruise, the whole staying at her place because you just couldn't go home?" He asked. I felt a wave of uncertainty wash over me.

"I don't know.." I sighed. The car stopped and he turned to me. "I really don't know. It's never gotten to this point before.." I sighed.

"So this has happened before?" He asked, not changing his tone. It surprised me, his reaction. He didn't sound worried, or angry, or both. He was calm, and it kinda scared me. I nodded.

"But it never got this bad. He's never bruised me. And I'd never had to leave the apartment. This is.." I sighed, not knowing how to end off the sentence. I drew the hoodie I had on closed to me and left the car.

"I'll go with you." William said, but I put a hand up to stop him.

"It's fine. If anything-" I waved my phone. "I have you number. I'll call." I smiled as he did and headed up the stairs. I knocked on our door, faintly and waited for a response.

"Who?" A females voice, a familiar one asked.

"It's me.." I said, tilting my head. "Who are you?" I asked. The door creaked open, and my mother's head poked out. I put a hand to cover my mouth as I saw she was covered in just a measly blanket. I really wish this place had a peephole, because this could have easily been avoided..

The door slammed shut and I heard arguing from inside. I threw the door open and found Hayden naked and my mother covered up, arguing.

"Are you KIDDING me?!" I yelled, tears falling. I didn't have to worry, because I put no makeup on. "I- I said I love you! And you go an cheat on my with my mother? You betray me and hurt me constantly! You even fucking hit me!" I said, my voice cracking every now and then. He walked over and tried to hug me but I pushed him, hard. "I fucking hate you..." I paused and slammed the door shut. I went downstairs and went to a secluded part of the lobby.

"Ace!" I heard a voice faintly call out. I ignored it and slid against a wall and cried. Hayden ran down the stairs in some unbuttoned jeans and found me crying. "Ace-Ace I'm sorry!" He said, kneeling down to me. In the corner of my eye, I could see William walking in, but my focus turned back to Hayden, who was trying to hug me.

"Don't touch me.." I whispered. He obliged and backed up.

"Baby-"

"Don't you fucking 'baby' me." I growled. "You- You really hurt me and.. and I'm so fucking stupid!" I told myself while grabbing my hair.

"No you're not.." He whispered.

"Yes I am! I'm stupid because I still love you after everything!" I sobbed. William pushed Hayden from me and picked me up.

"Ace, its fine. Let's go, you'll get your things later.." He whispered in my ear. His words were reassuring, like things would get better when they probably weren't. He made things better. But I'm simply just a favor in his eyes. I began to break down once he sat me in the car. I sobbed into his shirt, quietly, once he got in the car.

"I'm so sorry.." I whispered.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"For being such a bitch about this." I whispered again, seeing as when I cried, my throat would hurt and when I talked, it just made it worse.

"It's fine. And you're not being a bitch about anything." He said. I wiped a few tears away and looked at him. "If anything, you're acting better than anyone else would." He smiled and I returned it. "Let's get you to your friend and we'll figure something out." He said. I nodded and let go of his hand, which I just realized I had been holding all that time. I turned towards the window to hide my crimson red face as much as I could. When I heard a deep chuckle escape his throat, I knew he saw, and I just blushed more. God, I need to solve this blushing problem..