chapter 10

(A/N
That gif lmao booty brushes)

Stiles couldn't focus at all the whole day. He kept tapping his knees, flicking his pencil, he's not sure he retained one drop of information from any of his classes. Waiting for the bell to ring was torture, absolute torture.

30 seconds. He can do this. If he can make Derek come in 30 seconds then he can definitely wait 30 seconds.

20 seconds. Will he already be awake by the time Stiles gets there? Maybe he's asked where Stiles is. Oh god, Derek is going to think he's the worst boyfriend ever for not being there when he woke up.

10 seconds. Why was it so much easier to say he loved him when Derek was unconscious? He needs to say it when he's awake; so he can hear him. He needs to know.

3

2

1

The minute the shrill bell rung Stiles flung his backpack over his shoulders and almost tripped over his own feet trying to run out of the room. His boy needed him, and nothing will stop him from being there.

On his way to the parking lot he was pretty sure he heard Scott calling his name, but Stiles doesn't have time to turn around. Are the wounds healed for sure? What if the spell had bad side effects like making Derek lose his memory of everyone. Stiles really doesn't know if he can somehow trick Derek into liking him again. Stiles probably isn't in the best state to drive, but somehow to makes it to Deaton's without a scratch.

The minute he pulls up Stiles is fumbling out of his jeep (not even locking it) and running inside. He mumbled a quick "hello" to Deaton before settling down next to Derek... who was still passed out.

He looked better though, his face had gained some color back and his wounds had stayed healed. One part of Stiles is disappointed he hasn't woken up yet, the other half is glad he didn't so he could be by his side when he did.

"He's been like this all day?" Stiles asked as he grabbed ahold of Derek's hand, pleased to feel his warm touch.

"Yes. There was a few times he stirred so I thought he might wake up, but he hasn't yet." Deaton replied while feeding a cat that was currently staying at the clinic. Stiles sighed, and decided he might as well start on some homework while he waits for Derek to wake up.

Stiles has really tried putting off thoughts of college as much as he could lately. He knows he has the grades to get into an Ivy League if he wanted to, but that means he'd be away from his friends, Derek, and his Dad. He wants to be a cop when he grows up like his dad, so he's also not sure if going that far away for a criminal justice degree is worth it; if his mom was here she'd say it was.

That's another thing, Stiles has also been debating going to the same college his mom went to but that one is far away too. He wishes he could just bring Beacon Hills and it's residents (minus the evil supernaturals) with him wherever he goes. Would Derek follow him if he went to a far away college? Stiles would like to think yes, but that's a selfish answer. Derek has a pack in Beacon Hills; it's his responsibility to watch over them. Why does senior year have to be so complicated?

Stiles was in the middle of answering a stupid question about "Salem witch trials the red scare" when he noticed Derek doing the 'stirring' thing Deaton talked about. He instantly pushes his papers off the table making a mess and grabbed Derek's hand as he saw his eyes moving underneath his eyelids.

"Derek? Are you awake? It's me. Derek, it's me." Stiles said trying to illicit a response. Derek responded with a quiet grunt and a squeeze of Stiles' hand which caused Stiles to let out a sigh of relief. Stiles squeezed his hand back as he waited for Derek to open his eyes - which took about a minute.