Chapter 28: Devils remark

Eight years ago...

"You will?" the little boys grinned widely at his friend.

"Yup!! I promise, Ricky!" the little girl said enthusiastically.

"Yes! Then Natsie youre mine for life!!" Little Ricky huged Natsie tighlty. In the young boys mind, he knew that they wont be able to see eachother in a very long time.

Hes moving away but he still hopes to be able to reunite with his Natsie someday.

"Only if you marry me!"

"Of course I will!! When we grow older, I'll propose to you again and then we'd be able to play no matter how long we want!"

Thi day was not goodbye but a promised one.

Nathalies POV

I woke up with tears in my eyes.

Huh?

I shook my head and rise from my bed. Meh. Anyway so after my before-to-school rituals I took off and went to Belly babys house, the usual or so I thought.

"Hey babe." I narrowed my eyes to the handsome creature in front of me. "What the hell are you doing here devil spawn?!"

Instead of getting offended he came closer with a huge grin on his face. "For our date, of course!" I raised my eyebrow. "What date? I never agreed to any date plus we have college!"

"Na-a-ah!" He swayed his index finger from left to right then out of nowhere he swept me off my feet. Like literally!! He carried me like a big sack of rice!! "Damn it put me down, brute!"

"No can do, doll. Your mine for today." He shoved me in his car while I try to struggle from his evil clutches. He climbed in and drove away. I kept hitting him but he just kept this huge grin on his face. "Woah, barbie. Easy on the merchandise."

"Damn it, Erik! This is kidnapping!"

"Yup and your my willing victim!" he wiggled his eyebrows and chuckled.

It was already an hour of driving when I asked "Where are you taking me?" It was when I saw all the trees, did I realize we were in a forest. Shit.

"You'll see." he simply said.

Thats when I felt my heart drums fast. Not because I was with this handsome devil but because...

"I-Is this where you gonna kill me?" he chuckled. "Look, I know we started with the wrong foot but... is it really necessary for you know sending me to my demise?"

"Is that what you think I'm gonna do to you?" he laughed and wow... I never knew he could laugh that much. I probably look stupid right now with my mouth wide open. "Youre real something, Natsie."

'Natsie.'

Bu-dump. "What did you call me?"

Suddenly we stopped at an abandoned park or something. "Come on."

I followed and him and then I felt this kind of familiarity with the place. There was these funny looking structures and empty stalls, a ferrys wheel in the middle then a huge sign saying Bobby Lees theme park

This guy keeps on surprising me today.

I suddenly felt my heart clench and my eyes fill up. This place was filled with memories. My childhood.

"This place... My daddy used to bring me here before he..." died.

My dad died of liver cancer five years ago. It was one of the darkest moments of my life.

I felt like something was stuck in my throat. "He would always bring me here and I'd be able to play with this friend... Ricky and we'd" wait a minuted. Enough with the trip down memory lane. Youre with the devils spawn... You gotta get ou-! "Erik what are you doing?" I looked at erik as if he just sprouted two heads. He was kneeling down on his one leg and as he looked at me with hopeful eyes. "Erik?" He pulled a box from his pocket and... "I knew you wouldn't forget me."

"What do you mean?" my heartbeat went crazy. No. No. No. Please dont let him be the devils spawn. Pleeeeaase. I beg of you!!!

"Hi. I'm Erik. I am in love with the most beautiful girl that is in front of me. We used to run around and make mud pies together. She didn't recognise me at first which...*cough* hurtmypride. Anyway..."

I knew it!!

"Wait... Hold up. You mean you ignored me because of that? Did it never occur to you that the genetic framework of a man drastically change during puberty and how the hell was I suppose to know it was you when you didn't say anything!!!  What the hell I thought your name was ricky!! You've been an asshole for weeks!!!" I really am a war freak. Tehee.

"Didn't you know? Guys bully the girls they like." He smirked.

I norrowed my eyes at him "You didn't bully me before."

He coughed and continued "so as I was saying... Nathalie I came back to find you and thank God you were still here in this town... After I moved, I couldn't forget you no matter how much I tried. I would always... Always remember that bright smile... Eventhoughallyoueverdoisfrownatme... I came back to fulfill our promise back then. "He smiled and opened the box with a ring inside. A simple design but elegant as well.it had diamonds and a small butterfly as its center piece. Wow! What can I say Diamonds are a girls bestfriend.

"Will you marry me?"

I smiled, "Little ricky."

"Does this mean your not mad at me?" my lips twitched. I moved closer and placed my hands on his shoulder.

He was smiling brightly now. Heh. Think again, bird brain.

I took all my anger out and hit him where the sun doesnt shine. "Ahg!" he grunted and curled like a ball. "Ohoo.." he kept cursing words while I had a huge grin on my face. Na-ah. No way in hell.

Its pay back time.
_________________________________

Natsie and Ricky sittin' on a tree K-I-S-S... Er... G!

Hehe sorry It took soo long to update. I have crazy professors. Too many deadlines but thank God the seminar that we were suppose to organise was canceled. One less problem I guess but lets see.. I still have two research papers, I think? *sigh

Headache. Anyway expect my regular update from now on. Sorry and thank you for the patience.

(╯3╰)
Thanks for reading.