Chapter 6: Him

Time went by so quickly and before I knew it Neil and I slowly became closer.

We became friends.

I found out that he wasn't as irritating as I thought he was. Okay, he is still irritating but sweet in a way. Does that make sense?

Anyway, after having a truce with Neil, Leo his nephew and I became bestfriends after we cleared up the misunderstanding. Now he's always with me, stuck like glue. The little twerp actually has a cute side.

"So Leo's kinda bugging me to ask you to hang out with us this saturday. You.. ahm.. up for it?"

"Sure why not?" I smiled at him and he seemed pleased with my answer. "You are my neighbor. You know where I live. You'd kill me if I dont." I teased.

He laughed.

"Hey guys!" Sophie greeted us. Jason as well and he came along with Nathalie and Erik. Neil, Sophie and Jason are all in the Accountancy course while Nathalie, Erik and Me were in the Business course. Since all our courses were in the same department we got along just fine.

"Hey" Neil responded.

"So, My parents are away this week end and I was planning to have all of you crash at my house" to appease my boredom!" Sophie gave us puppy dog eyes.

"It'll be so cool. I mean aside from the pillow fights and make overs!" said Nathalie.

"Urgh. Nat dont turn this into a girls night!" said Erik

"Ohh. I know we do barbecue in our backyard!" said sophie.

"I'm ok with it but I need to have an excuse to get away from my mom for this week end." said Jason.

Everyone turned their attention to us. I giggled and said "We can't. Love to. But can't"

Instantly sophie frowned and glared at me. "look sophie, you know I'd love to. When it comes to hangging out with you guys I'd definitely come!"

She roled her eyes at me "but?"

I gave her an apolohetic look and said "but me and your old pal Neily boy here gotta babysit Leo."

"Oh, come on. Its just one week end plus you can leave Leo to Belles parents for awhile."

"I dunno soph, uhm Neil?" I looked at Neil asking for help he which just shrugged at me as an answer.

"See! Even Neil dont mind." sophie said while pointing at him like a child.

"Fine. I'll ask my parents but they might have other plans this week end."

"Cool." Sophie seemed satisfied with my answer and started chatting with Nathelie.

Neil was busy playing his phone then I grabbed it from his hand and said "You owe me big time."

"What did I do?" he pretended to be shock.

"Oh, dont give me that look!"
He just gave me a devilish grin and took his phone from my hand.

"What look!?" then he smirked.

"Damnit. You just want to party this weekend." I glared at him even more. " And you know I dont like parties!" I whispered to him in a harsh tone. Yes, I don't. Well, no longer.

Ever since what happened with krissy and Elijah, I became this closed off person to the world. Evn though I have friends and I do care for them but there would always be a barrier that consist of pure fear.

Fear to trust wholely.

Fear to be too happy.

Fear to be broken.

Fear to love.

Fear to be myself.

The insecurities that I accumulated over time have heighten those fears completely and it is starting to grow each day.

Though I can't blame them I mean, it was my choice to leave.
My choice to separate myself from them. The fear, the pain, and the regret kept lingering through my deepest parts which rendered my heart vulnerable...

But...

All of that has changed.

"Stop overthinking. It'll give you wrinkles. Too much stress, so lighten up." said Neil. "Look you've gotta let yourself enjoy these simple things. Its the reason why I always invite you out anyway. You dont have to live in that small world you created for yourself because even of you wont let me, I will break those walls of yours."

"whatever." Neil definitely knows what to say whenever I'm feeling like this. I know its unintentional and hes just running his mouth but I'm still thankful.

It's like hes helping me pick up the pieces that I intentionally left behind which pisses me off but I am very touched.

I get the feeling of wanting to do more, to become more.

Slowly, I am changing.

And it's all because of him. The comfort he gives and the happiness that I feel when I am around him is suprising.

When you've been down for so long, it'll be really hard to rise up again. Sometimes its nice to have a source of courage that could give you a simple push from behind, enough for you to take another step forward.

In my case, its him.
________________________________

So what do you guys think?

Yep. I am very pleased that my story is actually reaching some readers. Please continue to support my work by clicking VOTE! Please stay in tune for the next chapters!! Yey!!

(๑و•̀ω•́)و
THANKS GUYS!